Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR "Hole in One"  (Read 4115 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
TPIR "Hole in One"
« on: June 01, 2004, 11:35:05 PM »
If anyone out there knows this, what's the distance between the lines on the putting green?  And while we're at it, the distance between the first line and the hole?

-Travis
Travis L. Eberle

ClockGameJohn

TPIR "Hole in One"
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 12:13:53 PM »
Without a measuring tape, I would say the entire "putting green" is about 12 feet long.  I would say that the lines around about 18" apart, and the hole is no more than a foot from the closest line.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
TPIR "Hole in One"
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 04:44:33 PM »
This was done with a couple of pieces of scrap paper taped together that I measured later, but...

The distance from the center of the nearest line to the closest edge of the cup is approximately 15 inches. I only measured the distance between the centers of the final and next-to-final lines, but that distance is about 22 inches. So assuming that all of the lines are evenly spaced (since they seem to be), it's approximately a 10 foot, 5 inch putt to the hole from the farthest line.

Also of note, the cup is about 5.5 inches in diameter. By comparison, a regulation golf hole is 4.25 inches.

--
Scott Robinson

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
TPIR "Hole in One"
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 10:06:52 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Jun 2 2004, 03:44 PM\'] This was done with a couple of pieces of scrap paper taped together that I measured later, but...

The distance from the center of the nearest line to the closest edge of the cup is approximately 15 inches. I only measured the distance between the centers of the final and next-to-final lines, but that distance is about 22 inches. So assuming that all of the lines are evenly spaced (since they seem to be), it's approximately a 10 foot, 5 inch putt to the hole from the farthest line.

Also of note, the cup is about 5.5 inches in diameter. By comparison, a regulation golf hole is 4.25 inches.

--
Scott Robinson [/quote]
 The green is completely flat, correct?  There isn't a "break" or anything else, is there?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR "Hole in One"
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 10:48:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jun 2 2004, 07:06 PM\'] The green is completely flat, correct?  There isn't a "break" or anything else, is there? [/quote]
 I wouldn't think so. Bob always tells them to hit it straight, and I'd think if there was a break there he would know about it and advise the contestant appropriately.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvrandywest

TPIR "Hole in One"
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 12:59:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jun 2 2004, 06:06 PM\'] The green is completely flat, correct?  There isn't a "break" or anything else, is there? [/quote]
It's just like the girls I dated in high school.... straight and flat.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 12:59:48 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

SplitSecond

TPIR "Hole in One"
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 02:24:37 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 2 2004, 07:48 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jun 2 2004, 07:06 PM\'] The green is completely flat, correct?  There isn't a "break" or anything else, is there? [/quote]
I wouldn't think so. Bob always tells them to hit it straight, and I'd think if there was a break there he would know about it and advise the contestant appropriately. [/quote]
 More to the point, I think it would just be asking for trouble to create a course with a break and no side bumpers - imagine how much more frequently the models would be chasing after balls.

Also, wouldn't constructing a course prop with a meaningful break be more expensive?

cmjb13

TPIR "Hole in One"
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 06:25:02 AM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jun 3 2004, 02:24 AM\']imagine how much more frequently the models would be chasing after balls.[/quote]
Hmmm.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvwxman

TPIR "Hole in One"
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 08:47:00 AM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jun 3 2004, 01:24 AM\']
More to the point, I think it would just be asking for trouble to create a course with a break and no side bumpers - imagine how much more frequently the models would be chasing after balls.
 [/quote]
 Line posted at 1:24 am....an early contender for .... audience?

<audience yells>
LINE O' THE DAY!

ms
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR "Hole in One"
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 01:28:23 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jun 2 2004, 11:24 PM\'] imagine how much more frequently the models would be chasing after balls.
 [/quote]
 There is a Dian Parkinson joke in here that I'm not gonna touch with a Plinko stick.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PeterMarshallFan

TPIR "Hole in One"
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2004, 01:59:07 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 3 2004, 01:28 PM\'] [quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jun 2 2004, 11:24 PM\'] imagine how much more frequently the models would be chasing after balls.
 [/quote]
There is a Dian Parkinson joke in here that I'm not gonna touch with a Plinko stick. [/quote]
 She already touched the stick. ;-)

passwordplus

TPIR "Hole in One"
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2004, 08:50:04 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jun 3 2004, 01:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 3 2004, 01:28 PM\'] [quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jun 2 2004, 11:24 PM\'] imagine how much more frequently the models would be chasing after balls.
 [/quote]
There is a Dian Parkinson joke in here that I'm not gonna touch with a Plinko stick. [/quote]
She already touched the stick. ;-) [/quote]
 Hey, if you can sink the ball, you're a winner! :D

BrandonFG

TPIR "Hole in One"
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2004, 10:07:04 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Jun 3 2004, 07:50 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jun 3 2004, 01:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 3 2004, 01:28 PM\'] [quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jun 2 2004, 11:24 PM\'] imagine how much more frequently the models would be chasing after balls.
 [/quote]
She already touched the stick. ;-) [/quote]
Hey, if you can sink the ball, you're a winner! :D [/quote]
 On stage, Bob usually sinks the ball in the first try. Backstage on the other hand...

Hmm...I hear music next door...sounds like a dragon trying to rap.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!