Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Questions  (Read 1513 times)

SamPrainito

TPIR Questions
« on: June 03, 2004, 12:47:45 AM »
Odd TPIR question time...

Are the IUFB price tag envelopes and price tag slips used on the show custom made, or can I go to my local Office Depot and buy something like them?
I'm considering doing an episode as a fundraiser which is why I'm even looking for them.  

That leads me to my next question.  What steps do I need to take to get Fremantle's permission to use the TPIR name, and how generous are they when it comes to giving permission for that type thing?

I'm doing to do this, I want to do it right, and with a clear conscience.  In other words, I wouldn't do so well in jail!

dazztardly

TPIR Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 01:38:31 AM »
I assume the CBS graphics department handles that.

As long as it's not being broadcasted and you're not personally profiting off of the event, I don't think they'll care really. It's not exactly the most kosher way of putting it, somebody would have to be a real mark for the show to go ratting on you. But yeah, I wouldn't worry about it.

Craig Karlberg

TPIR Questions
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 04:55:38 AM »
As far as price tags & envelopes go, any Post-It note slip would work best for a price tag.  The envelope one is basically a standard letter size envelope to conceal the slips.  You should need at least 8 of them(6 for IUFBs & 2 for the Showcases).  Have one as a backup in case you're gonna play Card Game.

cmjb13

TPIR Questions
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 06:35:34 AM »
The sleeves are 4 1/2 x 4 open on one end and folded on the other. It looks like it was once an envelope, just cut in half.

http://home.comcast.net/~cmjb13/Tag.JPG

The tags seem to be cut out of the same material. Or if they aren't cut, they do a hell of a good job.

I'd be happy to help with any other information.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 06:36:17 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
TPIR Questions
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 10:36:15 PM »
I'd think you could find off-the-shelf index cards and similar-sized envelopes in any stationery store. Seal the envelopes and snip off one end to make an opening. Take an index card, cut off two corners as in Christopher's picture and you're all set.

Post-Its are too flimsy.

The sleeves are 4 1/2 x 4 open on one end and folded on the other.
How big are the tags?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 10:41:14 PM by chris319 »

cmjb13

TPIR Questions
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 06:45:15 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jun 3 2004, 10:36 PM\']
The sleeves are 4 1/2 x 4 open on one end and folded on the other.
How big are the tags?[/quote]
3 x 5
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 07:20:11 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

SamPrainito

TPIR Questions
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 12:11:01 AM »
Thank you everyone for the help on the price tag question.  More than likely I'll just call the Fremantle offices to find out who to talk to about clearing the whole thing.

As for the show itself, I'm still in the planning stages but here's some additional information for those interested:

* More than likely the show will be at a sports bar in the St. Louis area.

* The bar has a large stage area that's a foot or two off the floor.  There will be a table on the floor at the end of the stage, with four seats.  That will be contestant's row.

* The bar has two large screen tv's on or near the stage. Most of the program will be computer generated, and each tv will act as one of the big doors.

* Since my computer programming experience is limited, most of the games are being created in PowerPoint.  The computer generated games can't be too complicated.  For example, any game that requires a random number to be lit up (ex: Any Number, Temptation, Dice Game) would be impossible to do.

* Some of the games planned are Lucky Seven, It's In The Bag and Bonkers.  That will probably be the first half.  I'm considering Cliff Hangers (every step Hans takes would be one slide in the presentation), Coming or Going, Double Prices, and Money Game.  If anyone has any suggestions regarding other games, feel free to let me know.  Not all of the games will be computerized, but I'll be on a tight budget to build props!

* I do have some concerns about prizes.  For example, in Lucky Seven I plan to offer a PT Cruiser.  Should the contestant win, they will win a die-cast metal model of a PT Cruiser, along with a few other prizes (gift certificates, etc.)  I'm worried about the liability of saying "You could win a PT Cruiser!", and then handing over the model.  I know it sounds like I'm being silly, but remember the story about the Hooters waitress that was told she'd won a "Toyota" and was then taken to the parking lot blindfolded only to discover she had won a "toy Yoda" doll.  I'm even more concerned when it comes to playing "It's In The Bag!"  It does stand to reason that someone who doesn't realize we're just having fun and raising money for charity is going to be mad when they don't get their $16,000 check!  How should I get around the problem of trying to stay true to the show without being cheap?

* Any recommendations on the big wheel?  Should I try to build something similar, which would be very tough, or should I just use a carnival type wheel and line it with the numbers from the wheel?

I'd certainly appreciate any suggestions to these problems.  Feel free to e-mail me privately.  I would be more than happy to share pictures from the PowerPoint games for those interested!

Thanks!

-Sam
TVboy79@aol.com