Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's Been A Good Week  (Read 1465 times)

calliaume

It's Been A Good Week
« on: June 06, 2004, 12:46:29 AM »
First time meeting a game show host in Bob Eubanks (at BEA in Chicago), today Jenny McCarthy (former Singled Out hostess), who was autographing copies of her new book, Belly Laughs, about her first pregnancy and child.  (Believe it or not, it hit the New York Times best seller list.)

A few things about Jenny McCarthy:

1) She's really hot.
2) She's definitely shorter than I thought.  I thought she was about 5'8", her various Playboy sheets have her at 5'6" or 5'7", but she may be closer to 5'4".
3) She's very tan, with freckles.  This may be a recent development.
4) She's really nice.  She'd been doing autographs for an hour, but she was still friendly and outgoing to me (especially after I had her write the autography to my wife, since they're both recent moms).  "Say hi to Karen for me!" she shouted after I said thanks and left.
5) Uh, she's really hot.
6) The other people from my company (who also got autographed books, regardless of whether they were parents or not) liked her too.

Man, we're a Chicago publisher and she's a Chicago girl.  We should have gotten ahold of her before Da Capo did.

inturnaround

It's Been A Good Week
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 01:04:40 AM »
I always like to hear stories like this. But I'm envious of you, man. She's one of the most beautiful women out there!

She's always seemed to me to be a natural comedian and I can see her easily making a great comeback on TV.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

GS Warehouse

It's Been A Good Week
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 09:51:57 AM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Jun 6 2004, 12:46 AM\'] A few things about Jenny McCarthy:

1) She's really hot. [/quote]
 Maybe it's just me, but I've seen hotter.
2) She's definitely shorter than I thought.  I thought she was about 5'8", her various Playboy sheets have her at 5'6" or 5'7", but she may be closer to 5'4".
That may be because she's always wearing heels.

I think I remember her name being attached to one of the fall pilots, but if it was, I don't think it sold.  I guess execs remember Jenny, even if viewers don't.

MikeK

• Martha!
It's Been A Good Week
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 11:38:32 AM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Jun 6 2004, 12:46 AM\'] 1) She's really hot. [/quote]
 Woolery left Wheel.

5) Uh, she's really hot.

So did Benirschke.

I thought McCarthy would be a somewhat arrogant and quite goofy person.  Curt proved me wrong.  Excellent story, Curt.

Jimmy Owen

It's Been A Good Week
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 12:19:06 PM »
While Woolery did leave Wheel, didn't Wheel leave Benirschke?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

dzinkin

It's Been A Good Week
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 02:49:50 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jun 6 2004, 01:04 AM\'] I always like to hear stories like this. But I'm envious of you, man. She's one of the most beautiful women out there!

She's always seemed to me to be a natural comedian and I can see her easily making a great comeback on TV. [/quote]
 She does pop up from time to time -- she was great in an episode of "Hope & Faith" this season.