Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A rarity for TPIR viewers..  (Read 1656 times)

digiblader

A rarity for TPIR viewers..
« on: June 09, 2004, 02:50:35 PM »
On today's TPIR rerun, even though the US went to that special report on Reagan's funeral, CH(a Hamilton, Ontario station) continued to air today's rerun in full..

But best of all, They left the end credits in!!.. no cuts to split-screen and promos like in the CBS airings.

It was a rare treat for TPIR viewers.. if you were in Canada and were in Ontario or had a satellite dish.

Of course, this likely occurred because the episode had already aired in January.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 02:54:33 PM »
Actually, at least here in Lansing, TPIR ran in its entirety and Dan Rather's coverage began at noon.  I didn't notice the credits because...well, they're credits.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 07:30:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jun 9 2004, 01:54 PM\'] Actually, at least here in Lansing, TPIR ran in its entirety and Dan Rather's coverage began at noon.  I didn't notice the credits because...well, they're credits. [/quote]
 TPIR was cut into during the opening spiel today, and then JIP at the fifth PG(1/20/04 episode) on the East Coast.

J! and WOF were preempted in a large part of the country today(though WOF is in Summer reruns now). We've already mentioned that Reagan's services coverage is more important than a game show, but it would be nice to see J! drop a couple of days of Power Players' week reruns this Summer so they can show all of Ken Jennings' run(and all of Matt O.'s run too)

vtown7

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 08:11:29 PM »
Interesting to hear that CH actually ran the credits... usually the cut them off shortly after the MG logo.  Random knowledge, that.

Ryan :)

CarShark

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 09:19:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jun 9 2004, 01:54 PM\'] Actually, at least here in Lansing, TPIR ran in its entirety and Dan Rather's coverage began at noon.  I didn't notice the credits because...well, they're credits. [/quote]
 Wow, that's interesting. I live in Flint, MI, and they let Burton get about to "...Bob Barker Studio..." before cutting him off for three hours of continous coverage. What a difference a few miles make.

rugrats1

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 11:03:09 PM »
So what's the real scoop regarding today's (6/9) pre-emption in the East? Zach said that most of the first half was bumped where he lived; STYDfan said that in Flint, Price was bumped mere seconds into the show for continuous coverage; and Matt said Price was never bumped in nearby Lansing, as coverage began at Noon.

Was CBS that flexible for their newscoverage today? Or were the affiliates that bumped Price using sources other than CBS?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 11:03:40 PM by rugrats1 »

adamjk

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 11:09:05 PM »
Price was bumped seconds in where I live too. I live near Detroit Michigan. It was back at around 11:30.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2004, 03:15:37 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 9 2004, 11:09 PM\'] Price was bumped seconds in where I live too. I live near Detroit Michigan. It was back at around 11:30. [/quote]
 OK, honestly, I guess that's possibly what happened in Lansing as well.  I have it on at work and I'm, you know, WORKING sometimes.  It's possible only the first half or so was preempted.  I just know I saw some games, the Showcases (PLEASE don't ask me to recap what happened) and then the coverage beginning at noon.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.