Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "On The Cover" auditions resuming  (Read 1408 times)

thgames65

"On The Cover" auditions resuming
« on: June 09, 2004, 05:04:52 PM »
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/tfr/33239208.html

Compensation is now listed as "up to $5000."  With the cost of gas these days, it may take that much to drive an SUV from LA down to the Newport Beach Film Festival.

Tim H.

tvwxman

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 09:57:15 PM »
And for your grand prize...

It's a NEW CAR......rental!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 03:42:45 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jun 9 2004, 08:57 PM\']And for your grand prize...

It's a NEW CAR......rental![/quote]
The prize in the Annoyance Theatre in Chicago's "Real Live Game Show"--"We only said you could *win* a new car--we didn't say you could *keep* it!"

"The Real Live Game Show" was the curtain-raiser to the Annoyance's infamous "Real Live Brady Bunch" show from its beginnings to Chicago to its New York and LA runs to its national tours with Davey Jones and inspired FX's excerable series "Bobcat's Big Ass Show."  Its original creator and host, Eric Waddell, went on to be a staffer for S-S and other packagers and George Gray's sidekick on, uh, "Extreme Gong."  It was still a lot of fun, folks, believe me.  Please.

Back in another era of a.t.g-s., I wrote this post describing "The Real Live Game Show" experience.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 02:33:19 PM by uncamark »

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 09:23:56 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 13 2004, 02:42 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jun 9 2004, 08:57 PM\']And for your grand prize...

It's a NEW CAR......rental![/quote]
The prize is the Annoyance Theatre in Chicago's "Real Live Game Show"--"We only said you could *win* a new car--we didn't say you could *keep* it!"
[/quote]
Reminds me of the first episode from "You Don't Know Jack," when Pee Wee/Troy Stevens mentioned that someone would drive away in a brand new car.

At the very end of the show, Troy himself drives  the car saying, "I told you someone would drive away in this car!"

About the only thing worth remembering from that show. :-P
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 08:00:26 PM »
Its original creator and host, Eric Waddell, went on to be a staffer for S-S and other packagers and George Gray's sidekick on, uh, "Extreme Gong."

He also announced another bomb that premiered around the same time, Bobcat's Big-Ass Show...talk about a pair of stinkers!

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 02:38:20 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jun 14 2004, 07:00 PM\']
Its original creator and host, Eric Waddell, went on to be a staffer for S-S and other packagers and George Gray's sidekick on, uh, "Extreme Gong."

He also announced another bomb that premiered around the same time, Bobcat's Big-Ass Show...talk about a pair of stinkers!

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")[/quote]
Which was "inspired" by the "Real Live Game Show" (mostly in the similar end game).  Seems to me that Waddell was replaced by announcer in the second series of "Bobcat" by Dee Baker, who I assume only cared about Stone-Stanley's checks not bouncing.