Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Starcade DVD  (Read 2485 times)

narzo

Starcade DVD
« on: June 14, 2004, 07:47:25 PM »
I pre-ordered my Starcade DVD and it arrived today.  If you’re a fan of the show I highly recommend it.  It comes with 5 episodes and the picture quality is superb.  No “bugs”, no voice-overs, no promo scrolls, just broadcast quality game show!  The DVD bonuses are worth the price of admission.  You get a clip of a rehearsal for a show where Geoff does his things with puppets filling in for contestants.  There’s 2 old spots featuring Geoff plugging the show “Mondays on WTBS”.   Then the ultimate gift for a fan, the theme IN THE CLEAR over various behind the scenes shots in a sequence that must run 5 minutes!  My suggestion, pay the extra for the pack with the T-shirt and “Weepuls”.  

As an aside it’s a shame more shows aren’t released in such a classy way.  James and Mavis (the creators) are really proud of this show, as they should be, and are so dedicated to the fans.  I’ve e-mailed them questions and heard back from them directly.  In the package was a nice note from them and they're having some fun with people taking pictures of themselves in the T-shirt and sending it in.  Really nice folks!!!

ANYWAY, 5 stars for this DVD package!!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 03:13:39 PM by narzo »

ChuckNet

Starcade DVD
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 07:51:53 PM »
Might have to spring for it now...I also placed an order w/their store for one of those Starcade tees, which up to now was only available as a bonus for purchasing the DVD.

If they ever do a DVD w/the Eruzione and/or Trebek pilots, I'd def go for it...time will tell.

Chuck Donegan (The Hopeful "Chuckie Baby")

johnnya2k3

Starcade DVD
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 04:37:22 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jun 14 2004, 03:51 PM\'] If they ever do a DVD w/the Eruzione and/or Trebek pilots, I'd def go for it...time will tell.
 [/quote]
 Alex Trebek did a Starcade pilot??? Thank God he started earning the big, BIG money doing Jeopardy; if he got the Starcade gig the paychecks wouldn't be enough to pay the bills!

And Mike Eruzione's reputation after the "Miracle on Ice" would've been lost right there.

Jonathan Allen

jrjgames

Starcade DVD
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 07:47:12 AM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' date=\'Jun 14 2004, 06:47 PM\'] I pre-ordered my Starcade DVD and it arrived today. [/quote]
 where can u get it?

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
Starcade DVD
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 08:10:48 AM »
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 08:10:58 AM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

ChuckNet

Starcade DVD
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 11:56:16 AM »
And for those who wanna read more about the aforementioned pilots, check out:

The Making of Starcade, an excellent article detailing the show's development from pilot to series.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrous "Chuckie Baby")

johnnyd1788

Starcade DVD
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 06:02:01 PM »
BTW, about the Starcade pilot with Eruzione:
I emailed one of the producers that they should put a few clips of the pilot online, but he replyed by saying they were saving it for something special.
What do you think that could be? I think it's probably going to be on a video...
Who knows?
John