Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: For Our West Coast Viewers...  (Read 2283 times)

mystery7

For Our West Coast Viewers...
« on: June 22, 2004, 11:52:48 PM »
If you're anywhere west of the Eastern Time Zone, you'll soon see David Letterman talking about Ken Jennings's success on Jeopardy. More details as you get them (don't wanna spoil it too much).

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 11:55:29 PM »
This is apparently a running gag now. He did this on Monday's show. The joke is pretty simple, but I chuckle everytime I see it. Here's the gist: "This metal has the chemical symbol Ce." "Ken?" "What is shazam?" "SHAZAM! Right, select again."

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

brianhenke

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 12:27:17 AM »
And you wonder what Dave might have been remembered for if The Riddlers had been picked up...

Brian (long time alt.fan.letterman user)

Iowa is the North Star State?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 12:27:36 AM by brianhenke »
The leaves start to change color in May?

melman1

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 01:38:59 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 09:27 PM\'] Brian (long time alt.fan.letterman user)

Iowa is the North Star State?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions! [/quote]
Have you ever noticed how your posts in alt.fan.letterman (where newsreaders have a killfile feature) never, ever get any responses?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 01:41:35 AM by melman1 »
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 12:25:31 PM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 11:52 PM\'] If you're anywhere west of the Eastern Time Zone, you'll soon see David Letterman talking about Ken Jennings's success on Jeopardy. More details as you get them (don't wanna spoil it too much). [/quote]
 Letterman did this gag on Friday night as well.

The Best Damn Sports Show Period has been showing the previous night's Final Jeopardy! clue and having the in-studio hosts and guests (Jason Sehorn, John Salley, and Dan Cortese this week) take a crack at being Ken's equal for one question.

The trio plus Chris Rose said some ill-advised comments about "that other guy" (Matt) ending up with zero.

Tim L

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 12:36:22 PM »
Mike K
This has nothing to do with Ken Jennings, but i have to say I love your signature..I've only seen a few minutes of I Max and I cant stand him either..Can also do without Best Damn Sports Show..Bring Back Ohio Sports Report..(At least you could care about what they were talking about)

Tim Lones
Canton, Ohio

Clay Zambo

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 02:18:27 PM »
Last night's Letterman had a clip of Matt O's game.  Matt, do you get to pony up for residuals?
czambo@mac.com

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 08:38:48 PM »
Sorry if this was mentioned and answered elsewhere, but is there a limit to the number of times a contestant can appear on "Jeopardy!" or how much they can win before retiring undefeated?  I only started watching this continuing saga yesterday.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

zachhoran

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 08:43:25 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Jun 24 2004, 07:38 PM\'] Sorry if this was mentioned and answered elsewhere, but is there a limit to the number of times a contestant can appear on "Jeopardy!" or how much they can win before retiring undefeated?  I only started watching this continuing saga yesterday. [/quote]
 It's unlimited appearances(as of the start of this season) and unlimited winnings these days. The winnings limit was waived a few years back.

tmq800

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 08:56:17 PM »
The winnings limit on J! was waived last September.

sshuffield70

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 09:51:30 PM »
[quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Jun 24 2004, 07:56 PM\'] The winnings limit on J! was waived last September. [/quote]
 Thank you, Zach Horan, Jr.

God what a scary thought.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2004, 10:10:10 PM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 08:52 PM\'] If you're anywhere west of the Eastern Time Zone, you'll soon see David Letterman talking about Ken Jennings's success on Jeopardy. [/quote]
 What was Letterman doing on Jeopardy!?

mystery7

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2004, 10:49:34 PM »
He's doing little gags about Ken. On The Late Show, of course. Sorry, my grammar's usually better than that. But you should see my typing!