Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A TPIR Scandal Coming?  (Read 2568 times)

tvrandywest

A TPIR Scandal Coming?
« on: June 15, 2004, 02:38:48 PM »
I just got an indirect "heads up" from someone who is in a closer orbit around the story that "The Price Is Right" laundry is about to be washed in public again via the supermarket tabloid press (such as The National Enquirer) and the tabloid TV shows (such as "Extra"). I'm told that it should all break any minute.

My sole purpose for this post is not to stir that old pot again, but instead to share an advance word that much of what has supposedly been written is quite a ways off from reality. I've not seen the full story nor spoken directly with any of the folks involved or named, but from what I've heard, readers and viewers would be well advised to have a few grains of salt nearby. While I am told and generally believe there is almost always some truth behind most of these kinds of scandal stories, it appears that there may be much distortion in the spin we may soon be hearing/reading.

Apparently some of the story concerns a period of time during which I was working on the set, and involves people I worked with. For several reasons I think it wise for me to remain uninvolved; I will have no direct comment on the upcoming story. I simply want to remind my cyber-friends that as people's lives, reputations and careers are on the line, to remember that not everything printed or broadcast should be taken at face value as truth.

Enjoy the titillation if you find it entertaining.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 08:55:56 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

urbanpreppie05

A TPIR Scandal Coming?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 04:56:58 PM »
Wow. Thanks for the tip Randy! It'll be interesting to see what this "scandal" is.
insert signature here

Mario500

A TPIR Scandal Coming?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 05:30:09 PM »
If this so-called scandal ever comes up, I'll take a deep breath and slowly click/walk away from the story.

LA the DJ

A TPIR Scandal Coming?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 06:14:39 PM »
I believe it involves Bob beating up Adam Sandler on a golf course somewhere...

*ducks*
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

Skynet74

A TPIR Scandal Coming?
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 06:42:01 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jun 15 2004, 01:38 PM\'] I just got an indirect "heads up" from someone who is in a closer orbit around the story that "The Price Is Right" laundry is about to be washed in public again via the the supermarket tabloid press (such as The National Enquirer) and the tabloid TV shows (such as "Extra"). I'm told that it should all break any minute.

If this is true, my sole purpose for this post is not to stir that old pot again, but instead to share an advance word that much of what has supposedly been written is quite a ways off from reality. I've not seen the story or spoken directly with any of the folks involved or named, but from what I've heard, readers and viewers would be well advised to have a few grains of salt nearby. While I am told and generally believe there is almost always some truth behind most of these kinds of scandal stories, there may be much distortion in the spin we may soon be hearing/reading.

For several reasons I think it wise for me to remain uninvolved in any direct commenting on the upcoming story. But without having any direct knowledge of what might soon be published/aired, I do want to remind my cyber-friends that not everything printed or broadcast should be taken at face value as truth.

Enjoy the titillation if you find it entertaining.

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]

Let's see.

Rich Fields to be the Next Bob Barker?  Nahhh

Bob Barker to Leave Price Is Right for Palm Springs job?  Nahhhh

Bob Barker to wed Dian Parkinson in secret location?   Definitely Nahhhh

well I am at least curious to see what this is all about.

John

Kevin Prather

A TPIR Scandal Coming?
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 07:29:55 PM »
Bob is murdered by an angry and distraught Daniel Rosen? ....probably not.

GS Warehouse

A TPIR Scandal Coming?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 07:35:14 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Jun 15 2004, 06:14 PM\'] I believe it involves Bob beating up Adam Sandler on a golf course somewhere...

*ducks* [/quote]
 Well, I to some extent wish that was it.  Then Barker could say he beat up both Adam Sandlers!  Seriously, if this dirt was indeed dug up by someone like the Enquirer or Extra, I'd take it with a whole salt shaker!

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
A TPIR Scandal Coming?
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 10:42:35 PM »
I'd take ANYTHING the Enquirer or anyone like that says with the whole Morton factory.

As for what it is, you folks have had better ideas than I could.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

inturnaround

A TPIR Scandal Coming?
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 10:49:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Jun 15 2004, 10:42 PM\']I'd take ANYTHING the Enquirer or anyone like that says with the whole Morton factory.

As for what it is, you folks have had better ideas than I could.[/quote]
Not a clue. Then again, that's about par for the course with me.

I don't know. The Enquirer has become almost (gasp!) respectable with their coverage of OJ Simpson and Laci Peterson. Just because it's sensational doesn't mean it isn't true.

That said, I have no opinion on what I don't know is coming out of this. It certainly can't be good.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

catnap1972

A TPIR Scandal Coming?
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 11:19:45 PM »
Jeez, you people.

It's about all those Todd Newton sightings in the audience!  It's P/D's evil plot to depose Bob Barker permanently!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 11:20:42 PM by catnap1972 »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
A TPIR Scandal Coming?
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2004, 02:08:54 AM »
I doubt they'll dredge up that old "Goodson Had a Casting Couch" story.

Barker appeared in Playgirl? Rod appeared in Playgirl?

cmjb13

A TPIR Scandal Coming?
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2004, 08:21:49 AM »
Anybody know yet?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
A TPIR Scandal Coming?
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2004, 11:08:35 AM »
Before we become immersed in a tub of legal hot water with hearsay reports and speculation, I think it's time to close this thread until the story breaks.