Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stump the Schwab  (Read 1407 times)

mmb5

Stump the Schwab
« on: June 16, 2004, 12:41:36 PM »
I got a call from Stump the Schwab (the new ESPN show) wanting to know if I could go out to New York City (from Michigan) in the next ten days to audition.  Since I would have to potentially go out for two flights (one for the audition, and one if I made the show), is it really worth it?  Does anybody know the prize structure?  Is it really worth starting the eligibility clock on other shows for this?

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Jimmy Owen

Stump the Schwab
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 12:50:43 PM »
I were you, I'd go just to be on TV, but I don't know if the Schwab can be stumped.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

goongas

Stump the Schwab
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 05:02:37 PM »
According to tvgameshows.net, "Contestants will be competing for dream sports packages and cash."  On the site, there is also a hotline to call for more info.

If you think you are very good with sports trivia and are a major sports fan, the dream package you may win would probably be worth more than any cash that you would win.  2 Minute Drill gave packages like taping a Sportscenter commercial, being behind the scenes at an ESPN show, etc.

uncamark

Stump the Schwab
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 06:46:03 PM »
Here's ESPN's page on the show.

Nothing about exact prizes, but it does have links to the eligibility requirements and an application (although it may be too late for the New York cattle call, which started today).  There are no previous appearance restrictions, so those guys who were on "2 Minute Drill" could consider trying again.