Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Convention  (Read 1832 times)

Rastaub

Game Show Convention
« on: June 19, 2004, 01:20:21 PM »
As I mentioned in several previous posts, GSC 12 was held from June 3rd-June 5th. A great time was had by all; playing watching and talking about the games we all know and love.

If anyone cares to see, I have provided a link to the Offical GSC 12 page, complete with Pics and a detailed summary.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/gssite717/gsconv2004.html

Special thanks goes to Randy West, for providing all of us with great entertainment that Saturday afternoon.  

Bob Staub

ChuckNet

Game Show Convention
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 12:29:56 AM »
What, no mention of Joe's infamous "Benirschke Bars"? Or are some things just best left forgotten? :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Rastaub

Game Show Convention
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 10:17:41 AM »
Andrew Kudey wrote the recap, and i guess he must have gotten indigestion from them or something.

Also, there was no mention of Fat Sajak, the infamous High Rollers champ.

Im going to do something about getting both of them up on the page.

For those who care to know what Chuck and I are talking about, at the GSC, Joe Raygor came up with  Benirschke Bars, which were cards bearing Rolf's face. We used them as Freeze Bars during Card Sharks as well as insurance markers during High Rollers.  

As to Fat Sajak, we watched an episode of High Rollers that featured a contestant that was basically a fat version of Pat Sajak. Someone, I believe it was Aaron Sica, dubbed him Fat Sajak.

J.R.

Game Show Convention
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 10:54:11 PM »
That was a great webpage. Very nice recap of all the events.

It should be noticed that Chuck was able to take the lead at the very last second of the Speedround because I missed a question... about IOWA and I live there !

Don Smith will tell you that I am VERY tight with my money on $otC and will refuse almost anything. My weekness is a massive "Instant Ca$h". I will go for it if it is worth $4000 or more.

Along with "Benirschke Bars" and "Fat Sajak" was the annoying and shrill contestant on "Finders Keepers" that would always yell "FIND IT RYAN !!!" whenever her parter was lost and we somehow made a running gag of that !

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

aaron sica

Game Show Convention
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 10:57:50 PM »
"RYAN!!!!!!"

Oh yes, Joe, not sure how that was overlooked either!

And yes, 'twas I that came up with "Fat Sajak"...:)