Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A New Nick Game Show...  (Read 2507 times)

gsfan85

A New Nick Game Show...
« on: June 21, 2004, 03:30:43 PM »
Hey everyone,

After quite a long time, a new Nickelodeon game show produced in Orlando is premiering.  "Splat!" premieres July 5th at 5:00PM.  

Not sure of who is the host or anything yet, but there are three teams, Red, Yellow and Green and the team you are on depends on when your birthday is.  Seems like an interesting show.

Adam

Jimmy Owen

A New Nick Game Show...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 04:10:34 PM »
"Tattletales" on NICK?  There's one thing about birthdays that might make things unfair.  Because I was born in late October, I started school when I was four.  Throughout elementary school, I was always the smallest kid in class.  That wasn't good during basketball and I sorta put my energies into academics.  Depending on the format, (athletics or academics) wouldn't some kids have an unfair advantage based on birthdays?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvwxman

A New Nick Game Show...
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 04:51:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 03:10 PM\'] "Tattletales" on NICK?  There's one thing about birthdays that might make things unfair.  Because I was born in late October, I started school when I was four.  Throughout elementary school, I was always the smallest kid in class.  That wasn't good during basketball and I sorta put my energies into academics.  Depending on the format, (athletics or academics) wouldn't some kids have an unfair advantage based on birthdays? [/quote]
 Lemme get this straight. You're pulling apart a format of a game that no one here knows the format for?

Let's wait for the show to begin, OR for someone to share the actual rules , THEN we can pull it apart!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

HairMetalLives

A New Nick Game Show...
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 08:06:12 PM »
PLEASE tell me that Phil Moore & Robb Edward-Morris AREN'T invovled in this!

Craig Karlberg

A New Nick Game Show...
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 05:51:03 AM »
Hmm.  Sounds like something my #2 niece Chelsea might go for.  In fact, her birthday is just around the corner(July 8th).  Oh, I can just see it now:

"Chelsea, your birthday is July 8th right? Well, have we got a surprise for you.

SPLAT!!!!

That's right!  Today's your birthday & for that, you've just recieved a birthday pie in the face.  SPLAT!!!!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
A New Nick Game Show...
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 11:38:38 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 02:51 AM\'] That's right!  Today's your birthday & for that, you've just recieved a birthday pie in the face.  SPLAT!!!!" [/quote]
Ya know, at that age that would be kinda fun. Maybe not on national TV, tho.

Now that I'm an adult and can easily afford $20 on such folly, I've always thought about going to one of those outlet grocery stores (the ones that sell dented cans of Spam at an incredible discount), finding the cheapest frozen cream pies I can, and organizing a pie fight. Just to do it. (Of course, you defrost the pies first. :))

(Half of you think I'm insane, and the other half are wondering why THEY didn't think of it FIRST. :))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 11:39:17 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SplitSecond

A New Nick Game Show...
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 12:24:27 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 08:38 AM\'] Of course, you defrost the pies first. [/quote]
 You manage to find a way to suck the fun out of everything, Lemon.  Darn you.

tvwxman

A New Nick Game Show...
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 01:33:58 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 11:24 AM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 08:38 AM\'] Of course, you defrost the pies first. [/quote]
You manage to find a way to suck the fun out of everything, Lemon.  Darn you. [/quote]
 Actually, I think CLemon's on to something...

My format idea for "Splat!" is similar to Lets Make A Deal's "Find the Raw Egg" game...where contestants picked an egg , hoping to not find a hard boiled one, and win cash...

Kids pick from pies...some are defrosted , some arent'....They select one and hit their teammate with it.....messy cream pie in the face scores points....a frozen pie in the face scores a trip to the hospital.

Hey, I'd watch it.

:)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

dzinkin

A New Nick Game Show...
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 01:36:37 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 01:33 PM\'] Actually, I think CLemon's on to something...

My format idea for "Splat!" is similar to Lets Make A Deal's "Find the Raw Egg" game...where contestants picked an egg , hoping to not find a hard boiled one, and win cash...

Kids pick from pies...some are defrosted , some arent'....They select one and hit their teammate with it.....messy cream pie in the face scores points....a frozen pie in the face scores a trip to the hospital.

Hey, I'd watch it.

:) [/quote]
 Isn't this how Pat Sajak made the transition from weather to game shows? :-D

GS Warehouse

A New Nick Game Show...
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 03:26:51 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 11:38 AM\'] [quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 02:51 AM\'] That's right!  Today's your birthday & for that, you've just recieved a birthday pie in the face.  SPLAT!!!!" [/quote]
Ya know, at that age that would be kinda fun. Maybe not on national TV, tho.

Now that I'm an adult and can easily afford $20 on such folly, I've always thought about going to one of those outlet grocery stores (the ones that sell dented cans of Spam at an incredible discount), finding the cheapest frozen cream pies I can, and organizing a pie fight. Just to do it. (Of course, you defrost the pies first. :))

(Half of you think I'm insane, and the other half are wondering why THEY didn't think of it FIRST. :)) [/quote]
 Can't I think both? :-)

Seriously, now that dodgeball is the new poker, I'm wondering if that's what SPLAT! is--dodgeball with pies.  The team that gets hit with the fewest pies wins.

dmota104

A New Nick Game Show...
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 08:17:56 PM »

I'll see that and raise the hope Skip Lackey (sp?) isn't hosting this either.

uncamark

A New Nick Game Show...
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 04:45:19 PM »
[quote name=\'dmota104\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 07:17 PM\']

I'll see that and raise the hope Skip Lackey (sp?) isn't hosting this either.[/quote]
Aren't they a little too old to be hosting a Nick show by now?

HairMetalLives

A New Nick Game Show...
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2004, 10:06:30 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 23 2004, 03:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'dmota104\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 07:17 PM\']

I'll see that and raise the hope Skip Lackey (sp?) isn't hosting this either.[/quote]
Aren't they a little too old to be hosting a Nick show by now? [/quote]
 Wesley Eure was no spring chicken when he hosted "Finders Keepers."

inturnaround

A New Nick Game Show...
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2004, 10:28:56 PM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jun 23 2004, 10:06 PM\']
Wesley Eure was no spring chicken when he hosted "Finders Keepers." [/quote]
 Yeah, but what Nick did in the late 80s has nothing to do with what Nick would do now.
Joe Coughlin     
Human