Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Challenge  (Read 4464 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2004, 09:21:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Jun 19 2004, 04:41 PM\'] $100,000 Pyramid is next.  I plan on starting the graphics after I get Family Feud Challenge straightened out. [/quote]
 That is awfully exciting news. If you would like assistance or input on how the program should look and run, I'd be pleased to offer whatever help you'd like. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2004, 09:40:03 PM »
Ditto here, PM.

adamjk

Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2004, 10:39:32 PM »
Version 1.0a is up, and a few of the bugs have been fixed. The biggest fix being that there is no Bullseye game in the regular game now, and the add points to a steal is not used either. This one is better sans a few things.

1. Still no win cue in Fast Money.

and

2. The round format for the regular game follows how it went for the Bullseye games. Single, double, triple.

Those things aside, this version is an improvement.

TV Favorites

Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2004, 11:07:18 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 09:39 PM\'] Version 1.0a is up, and a few of the bugs have been fixed. The biggest fix being that there is no Bullseye game in the regular game now, and the add points to a steal is not used either. This one is better sans a few things.

1. Still no win cue in Fast Money.

and

2. The round format for the regular game follows how it went for the Bullseye games. Single, double, triple.

Those things aside, this version is an improvement. [/quote]
 I might be misunderstanding what you meant by #2, but you can alter the point multiplier for each question in the question file.

adamjk

Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2004, 11:14:31 PM »
Good point. I withdraw the 2nd thing
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 01:44:50 AM by adamjk »

ITSBRY

Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 01:30:52 AM »
Not much to say except that it's exactly what I expected from you particleman!  TERRIFIC stuff.  I cannot wait to see "Pyramid".

Thanks so much for your efforts.  I think I can speak for all when I say that your hard work is VERY much appreciated.

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

clemon79

Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2004, 01:36:07 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 08:14 PM\'] Good point. I withdraw my 2nd complaint. [/quote]
 If I were you, I'd get off of the mindset of them being "complaints". Todd's putting a lot of work into these programs, and you're not paying a dime for them. Ergo, you have not a single right to be "complaining" about anything.

That said, I'm sure he wants to hear about bugs and constructive suggestions as to how he can make the program better. But considering the time and trouble he's putting into this for us and others, we owe him a little more respect than to bring him "complaints" about his hard work.

I'm not saying you should just remain silent and accept what he gives us. I'm just saying you need to approach it with a different mindset and choose your words a little more carefully.

adamjk

Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2004, 01:45:31 AM »
I understand what you mean Clemon. I have edited my statement as a result.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2004, 02:00:26 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 09:39 PM\'] 2. The round format for the regular game follows how it went for the Bullseye games. Single, double, triple.

[/quote]
 What's wrong with that?  Isn't that true to the actual rules of the series?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

adamjk

Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2004, 02:36:37 AM »
No, not for the 88-92 pre-Bullseye run. For the most part, before the Bullseye round was introduced, it went single, single, single, double, triple. Although for a time in the syndie run, don't know how long, it was single, single, double, triple. So no single, double, triple is not true to the rules of the series, at least not the Pre Bullseye era rules anyway.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 02:37:44 AM by adamjk »

clemon79

Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2004, 11:26:07 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 11:36 PM\'] So no single, double, triple is not true to the rules of the series, at least not the Pre Bullseye era rules anyway.

[/quote]
 It is, however, a fine way to test the single-double-triple modes of the software, which I'm sure was the point of it in the first place, since the user can program it any way they want.
I understand what you mean Clemon. I have edited my statement as a result.
Hopefully you understand, then, that whether or not you edit your statement before is irrelevant. It's the way that you approach the issue in the future that you'll be judged on. I'm trying to give you the benefit of a doubt here, and I hope you won't prove me wrong.

Particleman

Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2004, 03:34:05 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 01:36 AM\'] No, not for the 88-92 pre-Bullseye run. For the most part, before the Bullseye round was introduced, it went single, single, single, double, triple. Although for a time in the syndie run, don't know how long, it was single, single, double, triple. So no single, double, triple is not true to the rules of the series, at least not the Pre Bullseye era rules anyway. [/quote]
My school of thought here is most people are going to want to download this thing and try out the game with the post-Bullseye rules first thing.  So I just made the default questions like this.  Believe me, if I had left them S-S-S-D-T, I'd get twice as many e-mails telling me post-Bullseye rules didn't work this way.

It shouldn't be a big deal, though.  Thanks to Rob Rosko, it's never been easier to write your own question files.  His software even creates the files for you.  Actually, Rob really deserves a round of applause.  He worked hard to add the ability for his software to create the files for you with a neat and simple user interface.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 03:34:28 PM by Particleman »

clemon79

Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2004, 03:37:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 12:34 PM\'] Thanks to Rob Rosko, it's never been easier to write your own question files.  His software even creates the files for you.  Actually, Rob really deserves a round of applause.  He worked hard to add the ability for his software to create the files for you with a neat and simple user interface. [/quote]
 That excellent news. Is this new version of the question editor compatible with the original Feud as well?

What would be GREAT would be the ability to LOAD a question file into the editor, make changes, and THEN save it back. I got bit by a typo trying to fix a question by hand when I ran my show. Fortunately, we managed to correct it on the following question.

RobRosko

Family Feud Challenge
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2004, 04:33:59 PM »
That excellent news. Is this new version of the question editor compatible with the original Feud as well?

It is compatible with previous versions of the Family Feud Software.  You just don't need to use the Bullseye round file editor. :)

-Rob