Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GENE WOOD..... Anything Yet?  (Read 3713 times)

BrandonFG

GENE WOOD..... Anything Yet?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2004, 02:15:08 AM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jun 28 2004, 10:46 PM\'] I don't blame you one iota for forgetting about those shows! I think "Family Challenge" was his last show. Did he also announce the second season with Mike Berger? I don't recall who announced that season. [/quote]
 He did the fee plugs for summer '98 reruns of TPiR.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

zachhoran

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 10:13:12 AM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Jun 28 2004, 10:17 PM\'] he was a good announcer, he announced the game shows in this order

Family Feud
Double Dare
Tattletales
Password Plus
Child's Play
Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour
Super Password
Body Language
Nighttime Price Is Right
Hot Streak
Classic Concentration
Family Feud 1988
Match Game 1990
Family Feud 1994

here are all the game shows gene wood announced. [/quote]
 He also announced for Beat the CLock(Narz version which he later hosted), before hosting it, Now You See It(70s fill-in), Love Connection(sub-announcer in 80s), Your Number's Up, and Win Lose or Draw

zachhoran

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 10:14:51 AM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jun 28 2004, 10:46 PM\'] I don't blame you one iota for forgetting about those shows! I think "Family Challenge" was his last show. Did he also announce the second season with Mike Berger? I don't recall who announced that season. [/quote]
 He didn't announce the second season of FC IIRC, I don't know who did, though. Gene did do some fee plugs for GSN in 1996 and 1997, and I believe hosted a Feud marathon for them at the time.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2004, 11:37:48 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 29 2004, 10:14 AM\'] [quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jun 28 2004, 10:46 PM\'] I don't blame you one iota for forgetting about those shows! I think "Family Challenge" was his last show. Did he also announce the second season with Mike Berger? I don't recall who announced that season. [/quote]
He didn't announce the second season of FC IIRC, I don't know who did, though. ... [/quote]
 IIRC, it was Jim Suss, one of the FAM staff VO's.  I do recall he subbed for Randy the W on Playbreak Playoffs late in their run.