Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Marc Summers back on Nickelodeon...  (Read 6093 times)

rugrats1

Marc Summers back on Nickelodeon...
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2004, 06:29:33 PM »
Actually, there was a reason. It was replaced by Fairly OddParents because the 2nd half of the show had mentions of Ronald Reagan in it, and he just died, so Nick thought it wasn't a good idea to air that half of the show. Why they didn't replace the whole show with another You Can't is beyond me...

But the thing is that they never mentioned this reason on-air. After the break, they went to Oddparents, with no explanation to the viewers. In the end, the backsell ended up being awkward, with the host closing OddParents with "That was your Old School pick" (the "Live" segments were actually pre-recorded that week).

This incident wouldn't have happened in the first place if Nick screened their shows in advance.

As for replacing it with another episode, I think Nick only had the rights to show 2 or 3 episodes of YCDTOTV -- if it was "3", they could've put that one on; if it was "2", they had to show the previously-picked one again. If they wanted to show any other episodes, they had to contact CJOH in Ottawa first (they produced and own YCDTOTV), to procure the rights. But of course, Nick is too lazy to do anything right.

sshuffield70

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2004, 08:31:11 PM »
But of course, Nick is too lazy to do anything right.

Gee, the phrase sounds familiar.....'cept it normally has nothing to do with Nickelodeon.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2004, 09:23:24 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 05:31 PM\']
But of course, Nick is too lazy to do anything right.

Gee, the phrase sounds familiar.....'cept it normally has nothing to do with Nickelodeon. [/quote]
 And it's utterly asinine in both cases, since the speaker usually has little to no idea about the business details of running either network.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robair

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2004, 11:50:55 PM »
Wow! That Nickelodeon 25th Anniversary Bash was great! I got to see all my favorite shows, all the old stars came out, and nobody was left out! It was just like watching the network back in 1982! What a great job Nick did!

Well, maybe not...because
that was JUST THE INTRODUCTION TO THE OPPOSITE SKETCHES!
--Robair

HairMetalLives

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2004, 11:52:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 10:50 PM\'] Wow! That Nickelodeon 25th Anniversary Bash was great! I got to see all my favorite shows, all the old stars came out, and nobody was left out! It was just like watching the network back in 1982! What a great job Nick did!

Well, maybe not...because
that was JUST THE INTRODUCTION TO THE OPPOSITE SKETCHES! [/quote]
 I missed it. Was I lucky?

rugrats1

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 12:30:29 AM »
I missed it. Was I lucky?

Consider yourself so.

johnnyd1788

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2004, 03:37:22 PM »
Yeah, it seems all channels that have been around for 10 years or more seem to just forget their old shows they had on, and that those awesome shows people still love today and they helped make them to what they are now.
BTW, since when did The Nick Cannon Show become old school? I thought that show was still on!
John

JayC

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2004, 05:29:33 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnyd1788\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 02:37 PM\'] BTW, since when did The Nick Cannon Show become old school? I thought that show was still on!
 [/quote]
 Not since sometime in 2003.  

BTW, I got the info about the You Can't episode from this post on alt.tv.nick- http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&....tv.nickelodeon

HairMetalLives

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2004, 08:03:43 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnyd1788\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 02:37 PM\'] BTW, since when did The Nick Cannon Show become old school? [/quote]
 I've never even heard of it. In my opinion, it should have premeired at LEAST 10 years ago and should no longer be on the air to be considdered "old school." There were a few that I feel does not fit into that category. "Angry Beavers," "All That," there were a few others that escape my mind right now.