Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Anything for Money/Make Me Laugh Hour  (Read 1355 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
The Anything for Money/Make Me Laugh Hour
« on: June 29, 2004, 10:11:36 PM »
Time for more questions for the all knowing members of the group.

On "Anything for Money," if the game ended in a tie, did they do anything to break it, or just give the money to both players?  (Also, each player was on for one show, right?)

And for "Make Me Laugh," I remember the second season of the Comedy Central run, where you first endured three minutes of funny, then playing one betting round before a winner was declared, but I didn't ever get to see the first season with Ken Ober.  Were there any substantive changes to the game?  (I know the final round was one minute for $500, rather than a straight $5 a second, but that's all).

Thanks again,
Travis
Travis L. Eberle

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 10:17:53 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Jun 29 2004, 09:11 PM\']

On "Anything for Money," if the game ended in a tie, did they do anything to break it, or just give the money to both players?  (Also, each player was on for one show, right?)

And for "Make Me Laugh," I remember the second season of the Comedy Central run, where you first endured three minutes of funny, then playing one betting round before a winner was declared, but I didn't ever get to see the first season with Ken Ober.  Were there any substantive changes to the game? [/quote]
Both players kept the money won on AFM whether they won the game or not. High cash scorer won a bonus prize. A tie at the end of the game meant both players won a different prize. THere were indeed no returning champions.

The first season of Comedy Central MML had two betting rounds after the first three minute endurance round.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 10:18:31 PM by zachhoran »

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 03:12:52 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Jun 29 2004, 09:11 PM\'] And for "Make Me Laugh," I remember the second season of the Comedy Central run, where you first endured three minutes of funny, then playing one betting round before a winner was declared, but I didn't ever get to see the first season with Ken Ober.  Were there any substantive changes to the game?  (I know the final round was one minute for $500, rather than a straight $5 a second, but that's all). [/quote]
 Bonus round for season 1 had all three comics doing a "tag team" routine, and if the contestant endured whatever the time limit was (I think it was :90), they won $500. In season 2, they had a "Mystery Comic" come out and do a routine for :60.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

GS Warehouse

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 11:21:53 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jun 30 2004, 03:12 AM\'] Bonus round for season 1 had all three comics doing a "tag team" routine, and if the contestant endured whatever the time limit was (I think it was :90), they won $500. In season 2, they had a "Mystery Comic" come out and do a routine for :60. [/quote]
 The Mystery comic round was for 100 seconds, not 60.  Also in season 2, round 2 was tag team, just as the season 1 bonus was.  In both cases, it was 30 seconds a comic, 90 seconds total.