Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Destiny's Child to Reunite on "Play for a Billion"  (Read 1706 times)

uncamark

Destiny's Child to Reunite on "Play for a Billion"
« on: June 24, 2004, 06:16:36 PM »
The AP reports that as an extra added attraction on "Pepsi Play for a Billion" this year, Beyonce will get back together with Michelle and Kelly and a few numbers from their new album live ([Angus Deayton] allegedly[AD]) during the course of the proceedings.

Permit me to share a Carnac joke Doug Morris once made on another list:

A:  Ho, ho, ho.

Q:  Describe Destiny's Child.

ObGameShow:  Or should it be "What is Destiny's Child, Alex?"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 10:18:37 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 24 2004, 03:16 PM\'] Permit me to share a Carnac joke Doug Morris once made on another list:

A:  Ho, ho, ho.

Q:  Describe Destiny's Child.

ObGameShow:  Or should it be "What is Destiny's Child, Alex?" [/quote]
 Hmmmmm...may a yak in heat become your sister's French tutor! ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jay Temple

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 12:27:07 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 24 2004, 05:16 PM\'] The AP reports that as an extra added attraction on "Pepsi Play for a Billion" this year, Beyonce will get back together with Michelle and Kelly and a few numbers from their new album. [/quote]
 I think it's a stretch to call them an attraction.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

JayC

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 10:44:13 AM »
Destiny's Child isn't that bad.  Unlike some groups and singers, they can actually SING.  Also, they have talent.  Say My Name, Surivor, and Bootylicious are also pretty good songs.  They're also all pretty hot :)

tvwxman

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 11:37:23 AM »
See now,  I thought that last post was signed "JayZ".....

Until I looked a little closer....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

JMFabiano

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 01:12:58 PM »
So long as it keeps them from acting...Rowland in Freddy vs. Jason was wooden, even for a horror movie.  And Knowlastname's only significant act has been to keep the Austin Powers franchise plunging into the mediocrity it's been in since The Spy Who Shagged Me (I hope to heavens that a certain rumor concerning her future projects is JUST THAT!)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Frank15

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 04:08:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Jun 24 2004, 11:27 PM\'] I think it's a stretch to call them an attraction. [/quote]
 Some members here may actually be a fan of Destiny's Child.  Or more directly, I am one of those people =Þ

uncamark

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 05:27:24 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Jun 25 2004, 12:12 PM\']So long as it keeps them from acting...Rowland in Freddy vs. Jason was wooden, even for a horror movie.  And Knowlastname's only significant act has been to keep the Austin Powers franchise plunging into the mediocrity it's been in since The Spy Who Shagged Me (I hope to heavens that a certain rumor concerning her future projects is JUST THAT!)[/quote]
Perhaps you've missed that "Crazy in Love" song that Beyonce did--it was all over the place last summer.

And Michelle Williams either is still doing or just did "Aida" on Broadway (however, considering that Toni Braxton did that show and "Beauty and the Beast" [!] to prop up her flagging career...).

And I do have to admit that some of their records are catchy, even to this old fart--however, there's just something about Beyonce that I find her like a female dog, if you get my drift...

GS Warehouse

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2004, 08:49:06 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 24 2004, 10:18 PM\'] [quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 24 2004, 03:16 PM\'] Permit me to share a Carnac joke Doug Morris once made on another list:

A:  Ho, ho, ho.

Q:  Describe Destiny's Child.

ObGameShow:  Or should it be "What is Destiny's Child, Alex?" [/quote]
Hmmmmm...may a yak in heat become your sister's French tutor! ;) [/quote]
[quote name=\'Frank15 @ Jun 25 2004\' date=\' 04:08 PM\']Some members here may actually be a fan of Destiny's Child. Or more directly, I am one of those people =Þ[/quote]
Well, we just found DC's two fans on this board.  [ducks]

Speaking of which, in another sign that we are sorely lacking for original ideas, Zap2it reports that while CBS is teaming to find a new leader singer for INXS, Fox is teaming with the surviving members of the hip-hop group TLC to find a replacement for the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes.  And there are several other reality shows being developed for no other reason than "to steal a competitor's thunder", to quote the articale.

ObRealGameShow: Lopes appeared on a celebrity edition of WWtbaM.

ObMusicGroups: Now that Wilson Phillips is back together, you can keep Destiny's Child.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 08:49:18 PM by GS Warehouse »