Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MG-HS video  (Read 3038 times)

Jimmy Owen

MG-HS video
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2004, 05:49:41 PM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Jun 26 2004, 03:51 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jun 26 2004, 12:44 PM\']Selling game show tapes is illegal? No wonder I don't see them at Best Buy.[/quote]
If the powers that be release the recent "Game Show Moments" specials on VHS and DVD, you'd see them at Best Buy because they went through the proper channels and obtained licensing agreements. If gsnstooge made a dub of his tape he bought off eBay and turned around and sold that on eBay, I highly doubt that he obtained the licensing rights, no matter what he tells you.

What, they don't sell the 'Starcade' DVDs at Best Buy? I'm shocked and appalled!

Josh [/quote]
I'm not so sure about that.  As I remember, the producers of those specials got many of the clips for those specials from folks right here on this forum and the usenet group.  Much of the research for those specials was done inadvertently by the participating atgsers, by supplying the production company with ideas and VHS tapes.  So, in a sense, the production company utilized tapes intended only for home viewing for profit.  Yes, they went back and got permission after finding what they wanted to use, but they had no idea what to use until the input of the folks who contributed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 06:08:31 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

whewfan

MG-HS video
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2004, 07:23:27 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jun 26 2004, 04:22 PM\'] I haven't heard of some of these---when did Gene dance to Stayin' Alive? I don't remember this at all.... [/quote]
 I think it was either MG 77 or 78.