Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 5 Topics for discussion....  (Read 8648 times)

Steve McClellan

5 Topics for discussion....
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2004, 01:26:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Frank15\' date=\'Jun 25 2004, 01:57 AM\'] almost makes it seem not worth it to try to win that first toss-up puzzle, considering the losers get the "luxury full screen" treatment. [/quote]
 Yeah, screw the thousand bucks, I want my mug full-sized!

CarShark

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2004, 03:08:11 PM »
2. I've liked every version of the LMaD I've seen, and this was no exception. It was the very first one I saw, and though I don't remember a ton about it, I did think it was funny that adults dressed up as chickens.

3. I actually am watching Wheel more than ever before. I don't mind the Prize Puzzles or any Special Rounds, but I don't like the fact that they have all of them on every day. I would like them to be more like the Prize Puzzles, happening once or twice a week, if at all. I think that would take out some of the "going through the motions" feel it's had the past year.

I don't remember the exact date I saw IT, but I'll never forget the day. I watched another person win $35,000+ in the front game, and another twenty-five grand in the bonus round. I shook my head and thought, 'Wow, what's even the point of the bonus round when you can win more of the front game?' I coughed, and started having trouble breathing, but I quickly shook it off. The next day, I watched again. This time the contestant lost the bonus round, and with it $50,000. "So what,' I thought, 'at least it wasn't the 100 grand. That would have been bad.' More coughing soon followed. My eyes widened with the sudden realization that IT was there...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 03:09:46 PM by STYDfan »

tvwxman

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2004, 03:37:06 PM »
[quote name=\'STYDfan\' date=\'Jun 25 2004, 02:08 PM\']
I don't remember the exact date I saw IT, but I'll never forget the day. I watched another person win $35,000+ in the front game, and another twenty-five grand in the bonus round. I shook my head and thought, 'Wow, what's even the point of the bonus round when you can win more of the front game?' I coughed, and started having trouble breathing, but I quickly shook it off. The next day, I watched again. This time the contestant lost the bonus round, and with it $50,000. "So what,' I thought, 'at least it wasn't the 100 grand. That would have been bad.' More coughing soon followed. My eyes widened with the sudden realization that IT was there... [/quote]
 Huh? Is IT a seizure you were having?

Sorry, but after reading your post, I don't get IT.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

bricon

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2004, 04:54:22 PM »
As mentioned before, Dolly Parton did a pilot, but the results were less than satisfactory.

Dolly may have done runthrus in the office for them, but she never did a pilot.

uncamark

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2004, 05:22:41 PM »
[quote name=\'rmfromfla\' date=\'Jun 24 2004, 05:24 PM\']    3.  Wheel isn't the same without two of it's most famous phrases:
            "Once you buy a prize it's yours to keep!"
             "Gift Certificates do not include sales tax"[/quote]
Merv still did the right thing 15 years ago--to most people, cash and only luxury prizes win out over ceramic dalmations every time.

And the fact that "Wheel" has lasted almost 17 years after the end of shopping on the syndication version proves that Lin Bolen was wrong--the game is strong enough on its own that it doesn't need the shopping gimmick.

(However, if Merrill Heatter had been in her office that day before Merv, she would've probably wanted to add shopping to "High Rollers.")

CarShark

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2004, 07:54:45 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jun 25 2004, 02:37 PM\'] Huh? Is IT a seizure you were having?

Sorry, but after reading your post, I don't get IT. [/quote]
 Actually, IT was Mo' Money Syndrome, OR the end of my prospective writing career. Either one seems to work here.