Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Shop 'til You Drop" casting call  (Read 2317 times)

thgames65

"Shop 'til You Drop" casting call
« on: June 25, 2004, 05:59:52 PM »
Just in case anyone is interested.  For those outside of S. Cal., they indicate that audition tapes from other contestants will be accepted.  More info available after 6/26 on www.pax.tv.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/tfr/34673240.html

Tim H.

inturnaround

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 06:20:29 PM »
Whoops...nevermind. I posted something before this correction post because my brain didn't properly translate "Shop Til You Drop" into the proper game show name.

Either way, I still don't see why this show came back and Supermarket Sweep was swept away.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 06:20:59 PM by inturnaround »
Joe Coughlin     
Human

tvrandywest

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 08:54:58 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jun 25 2004, 02:20 PM\'] I still don't see why this show came back and Supermarket Sweep was swept away. [/quote]
 Sweep was offered a renewal but the powers that be could not agree on the terms of the deal. I understand that the budget and terms were then offered to Stone-Stanley for STYD.

But no prob. I'm at Albertsons Market every evening at 6 to narrate the action. The manager had me arrested twice already   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 10:17:22 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jun 25 2004, 07:54 PM\'] [quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jun 25 2004, 02:20 PM\'] I still don't see why this show came back and Supermarket Sweep was swept away. [/quote]
Sweep was offered a renewal but the powers that be could not agree on the terms of the deal. I understand that the budget and terms were then offered to Stone-Stanley for STYD.

But no prob. I'm at Albertsons Market every evening at 6 to narrate the action. The manager had me arrested twice already   ;-)
 [/quote]
 =lol=

Randy, is there any chance Al Howard could strike a syndication deal with someone? I mean, the show doesn't seem too expensive to produce, so he'd probably still pull some sort of profit, no?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

dzinkin

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 10:22:05 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jun 25 2004, 08:54 PM\'] But no prob. I'm at Albertsons Market every evening at 6 to narrate the action. The manager had me arrested twice already   ;-) [/quote]
 If you're ever in my neck of the woods, you should try narrating the action at Wegmans.  Might need to have the first hour-long Sweep. :-D

tvrandywest

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 01:06:17 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jun 25 2004, 06:17 PM\'] Randy, is there any chance Al Howard could strike a syndication deal with someone? I mean, the show doesn't seem too expensive to produce, so he'd probably still pull some sort of profit, no? [/quote]
Yes. It's available via Mark Itkin, game show packaging agent extraordinare at William Morris. Last I heard there were no serious offers.

Besides being an affordable show to produce, nobody has ever taken full advantage of the hook that makes that show so great... the potential for product placement. The show has the potential to merchadise more product than TPIR.

Al Howard spent the early years of his career as a successful copy writer and ad man at several of the most prominent Madison Avenue ad agencies. He worked with major accounts... Coca Cola and the tobacco companies among them. From the very beginning Supermarket Sweep was devised with the product placement angle in mind. Al says that from ABC to Lifetime to PAX nobody has ever realized the money making potential of the show.

Al is a fascinating guy, and he's right... everybody who ever watched the show knows the brand name Bertolli olive oil   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 01:06:47 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

catkins522

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 01:52:48 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jun 26 2004, 12:06 AM\'] Al is a fascinating guy, and he's right... everybody who ever watched the show knows the brand name Bertolli olive oil   ;-)
 [/quote]
 And KY Jelly isn't?!?!?  ;-)

Charles

KY Jelly...now flavored in Grape and Strawberry!
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2004, 05:10:10 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jun 25 2004, 10:06 PM\'] Al is a fascinating guy, and he's right... everybody who ever watched the show knows the brand name Bertolli olive oil   ;-)
 [/quote]
 You mean to tell me that all of those brand names used during the play of the game AREN'T a result of product placement fees? I coulda sworn they were from Day One.

Wow. That IS a fortune unrealized.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 26 2004, 04:10 AM\'] [quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jun 25 2004, 10:06 PM\'] Al is a fascinating guy, and he's right... everybody who ever watched the show knows the brand name Bertolli olive oil   ;-)
 [/quote]
You mean to tell me that all of those brand names used during the play of the game AREN'T a result of product placement fees? I coulda sworn they were from Day One.

Wow. That IS a fortune unrealized. [/quote]
 And it seems to be what "Shop Til You Drop" is doing now; right down to the tacky Benefiber podiums.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

LA the DJ

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 06:21:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jun 28 2004, 10:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 26 2004, 04:10 AM\'] [quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jun 25 2004, 10:06 PM\'] Al is a fascinating guy, and he's right... everybody who ever watched the show knows the brand name Bertolli olive oil   ;-)
 [/quote]

Wow. That IS a fortune unrealized. [/quote]
And it seems to be what "Shop Til You Drop" is doing now; right down to the tacky Benefiber podiums. [/quote]
 But the difference is that a show like Sweep doesn't need to be tacky about it. It's all just there already.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.