Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who wrote "Bicentennial Funk"?  (Read 2225 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Who wrote "Bicentennial Funk"?
« on: June 26, 2004, 09:51:42 PM »
A site credits it to Robert Israel, but also says that it could also be any of the Score staff composers, including such well known names as Edd Kaheloff and Shiela Cole.

Do we have any idea definitively who the composer was?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 10:12:23 PM »
I think I might have seen Walt Levinsky's name attached to it somewhere. Highly doubt that it's Kalehoff's work, though.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

AZAndrewG

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 10:29:37 PM »
Pardon my sheer stupidity, but which show featured "Bicentennial Funk"?
For fast, affordable web design, log on to

AMG Web Design

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 10:32:13 PM »
[quote name=\'AZAndrewG\' date=\'Jun 26 2004, 09:29 PM\'] Pardon my sheer stupidity, but which show featured "Bicentennial Funk"? [/quote]
 ABC Password, circa 1974-75 IIRC.

inturnaround

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 10:50:49 PM »
Unfortunately, there's no listing of any song that comes close to that title in either the ASCAP or the BMI listings.

Robert Arnold Israel's listings are huge naturally. He's credited with the Password Plus Theme and Password Plus BG Cues published by Keep Music Co. Keep Music is a fictitious name of Mark Goodson Productions.

The only other name attached to both Password and Keep Music is Robert W. Cobert. Cobert wrote the original Password theme, IIRC.

The Library of Congress' search engine is down for the day now until tomorrow. I'll see if I can't dig up anything else from there.

Well, I tried, at least.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 12:23:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Jun 26 2004, 09:12 PM\'] I think I might have seen Walt Levinsky's name attached to it somewhere. [/quote]
 His name is mentioned here, but the listing is obviously incorrect.

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 05:08:33 PM »
Levinsky did have a history of working with Score--he was co-credited with Bob Israel for the theme music of the CBS 1977 sitcom "On Our Own," which was produced by David Susskind, Israel's first TV boss.  In 1978, Levinsky was musical director for the daytime Emmys--and when host Richard Dawson came out, you know he conducted the same chart of the "Feud" theme that was used in recording.

He died in 1999--an album catching him as a jazz band leader and clarinetist was released last year.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 05:09:43 PM by uncamark »