Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I guess this is the TPIR scandal...  (Read 7197 times)

uncamark

I guess this is the TPIR scandal...
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2004, 04:38:30 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jun 23 2004, 03:21 PM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 05:42 PM\'] Hey there... ok.. here is the truth... that i could really talk about until now.... BOB BARKER NEVER TOUCHED ME. However if you replace BOB's Name with the name of the Executive producer that was eventually fired... the story would be 1000% true. The magazine (the Enquirer) wanted to make the truth more appealing to readers,,,, so they put it all on on Bob. I was very mad about this mixup. But YES I was harassed ALL THE TIME. But although I beleive Bob knew about what was going on and chose to turn the other cheek... he never touched me. It was someone else... my boss... the producer... he was a jerk!
Claudia J [/quote]
Hmm...looks like I'll be paying a visit to TPiR...and it's not to be a contestant. ;-)[/quote]
Hey, the guy's not around there anymore.

(And if you've deduced who it is, don't show off that you know the name on this board.  It doesn't need to be advertised.)

DrBear

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2004, 05:07:45 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 04:42 PM\']You want the truth, get it from the source (Claudia)

Straight from Claudia's yahoo group. Not sure if you can view this link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ClaudiaJordan/message/2554

You may need to be a member to view the message.

Hey there... ok.. here is the truth... that i could really talk about until now.... BOB BARKER NEVER TOUCHED ME. However if you replace BOB's Name with the name of the Executive producer that was eventually fired... the story would be 1000% true. The magazine (the Enquirer) wanted to make the truth more appealing to readers,,,, so they put it all on on Bob. I was very mad about this mixup. But YES I was harassed ALL THE TIME. But although I beleive Bob knew about what was going on and chose to turn the other cheek... he never touched me. It was someone else... my boss... the producer... he was a jerk!
Claudia J[/quote]
I've got to stop reading the boards from the bottom up. I saw this quoted on another post without the identifier that it was from Ms. Jordan, and thought for a second it was posted by Mr. West....

gaaaahhhhh!
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

tvrandywest

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2004, 07:03:51 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Jun 23 2004, 01:07 PM\'] Hey there... ok.. here is the truth... that i could really talk about until now.... BOB BARKER NEVER TOUCHED ME... Claudia J
I've got to stop reading the boards from the bottom up. I saw this quoted on another post without the identifier that it was from Ms. Jordan, and thought for a second it was posted by Mr. West....

gaaaahhhhh! [/quote]
Rest easy, DrBear. Other than the regular hugs from Rachel, Brandi, Claudia and Lanisha, unfortunately nobody touched me   ;-)

Seriously, this story and what's behind it are the kind of things that make the work less fun and a number of sets far more tense than I remember in years past. But most importantly, people's careers and reputations are on the line. What I posted 2 weeks ago expresses how I feel about this:

I just got an indirect "heads up" from someone who is in a closer orbit around the story that "The Price Is Right" laundry is about to be washed in public again via the supermarket tabloid press (such as The National Enquirer) and the tabloid TV shows (such as "Extra"). I'm told that it should all break any minute.

My sole purpose for this post is not to stir that old pot again, but instead to share an advance word that much of what has supposedly been written is quite a ways off from reality. I've not seen the full story nor spoken directly with any of the folks involved or named, but from what I've heard, readers and viewers would be well advised to have a few grains of salt nearby. While I am told and generally believe there is almost always some truth behind most of these kinds of scandal stories, it appears that there may be much distortion in the spin we may soon be hearing/reading.

Apparently some of the story concerns a period of time during which I was working on the set, and involves people I worked with. For several reasons I think it wise for me to remain uninvolved; I will have no direct comment on the upcoming story. I simply want to remind my cyber-friends that as people's lives, reputations and careers are on the line, to remember that not everything printed or broadcast should be taken at face value as truth.

Enjoy the titillation if you find it entertaining.
Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 07:07:20 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

tyshaun1

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2004, 07:57:47 PM »
I apologize for jumping to conclusions in my earlier post; and I hope that the offending party and Claudia both get what they deserve.

Tyshaun

bclark71

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2004, 08:08:42 PM »
Randy West wrote (hell, he GLOATED):

Other than the regular hugs from Rachel, Brandi, Claudia and Lanisha, unfortunately nobody touched me ;-)

This makes Randy one of the Ten Luckiest Dudes I Know.  :)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2004, 02:46:59 AM »
Hey there... ok.. here is the truth... that i could really talk about until now.... BOB BARKER NEVER TOUCHED ME. However if you replace BOB's Name with the name of the Executive producer that was eventually fired... the story would be 1000% true. The magazine (the Enquirer) wanted to make the truth more appealing to readers,,,, so they put it all on on Bob. I was very mad about this mixup. But YES I was harassed ALL THE TIME. But although I beleive Bob knew about what was going on and chose to turn the other cheek... he never touched me. It was someone else... my boss... the producer... he was a jerk!
Let the lawsuits fly!

Assuming all of this is true, Barker and Claudia both have cases against the offending publications: Barker for being accused of harassment he didn't commit, and Claudia for being misquoted as saying it was Barker, not the erstwhile E.P., who harassed her. This is just my personal opinion, of course.

My employer sees to it that we get periodic refresher courses in defamation so I know a little bit about this.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 02:51:58 AM by chris319 »