Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: No 30-minute TPIR this year?  (Read 1887 times)

That Don Guy

No 30-minute TPIR this year?
« on: June 27, 2004, 07:40:35 PM »
For whatever reason, this year's Pillsbury Bake-off, which is Tuesday 6/29, isn't going to be on CBS (or anywhere else on TV, like Food Network) this year, so those of us who have been waiting two years to see yet another of the 30-minute TPIRs from way back when are out of luck.

-- Don

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 08:14:14 PM »
[quote name=\'That Don Guy\' date=\'Jun 27 2004, 06:40 PM\'] For whatever reason, this year's Pillsbury Bake-off, which is Tuesday 6/29, isn't going to be on CBS (or anywhere else on TV, like Food Network) this year, so those of us who have been waiting two years to see yet another of the 30-minute TPIRs from way back when are out of luck.

-- Don [/quote]
 I've always thought CBS could air a week of classic TPIRs one XMas rerun week, considering they run 80s episodes of some of their soaps on that week. I guess CBS figures someone would see Lucky Seven played for an $8K 1980s econobox and realize it's a rerun and decide to turn to the View.

HairMetalLives

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 08:33:07 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 27 2004, 05:14 PM\'] I've always thought CBS could air a week of classic TPIRs one XMas rerun week, considering they run 80s episodes of some of their soaps on that week. I guess CBS figures someone would see Lucky Seven played for an $8K 1980s econobox and realize it's a rerun and decide to turn to the View. [/quote]
 They may also want to avoid airing retired pricing games.

TV Favorites

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 08:38:12 PM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jun 27 2004, 07:33 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 27 2004, 05:14 PM\'] I've always thought CBS could air a week of classic TPIRs one XMas rerun week, considering they run 80s episodes of some of their soaps on that week. I guess CBS figures someone would see Lucky Seven played for an $8K 1980s econobox and realize it's a rerun and decide to turn to the View. [/quote]
They may also want to avoid airing retired pricing games. [/quote]
 Nope, I don't think that's it.  The last classic Price that aired had Give or Keep played on it.

Robair

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 04:27:03 PM »
The real reason I think is that it's basically a 30-minute infomercial for Pillsbury, and CBS would rather air something that wouldn't upset their balance of (1) CBS promos and (2) commercials for Hoveround, Wilford Brimley and Injury Helpline.

Plus, I know cooking and baking are still considered "cool" in some corners, but the Bakeoff, in all respects, is an artifact of the Linkletter years -- and he should know because he hosted it for many years.  But not even Food Network picks this one up? Geez...
--Robair

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 04:46:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Jun 28 2004, 03:27 PM\'] The real reason I think is that it's basically a 30-minute infomercial for Pillsbury, and CBS would rather air something that wouldn't upset their balance of (1) CBS promos and (2) commercials for Hoveround, Wilford Brimley and Injury Helpline.

Plus, I know cooking and baking are still considered "cool" in some corners, but the Bakeoff, in all respects, is an artifact of the Linkletter years -- and he should know because he hosted it for many years.  But not even Food Network picks this one up? Geez... [/quote]
 Wasn't it always a special edition of "House Party"?  I have the 1984 Bake-off on tape with Bob and Johnny O at their best as well as the one Alex Trebek hosted.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 04:59:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Jun 28 2004, 01:27 PM\'] But not even Food Network picks this one up? Geez... [/quote]
 Food Network wouldn't pick it up live, but dollars to donuts they have a film crew present to boil the whole schmiel down to a one-hour special that they will air into the ground at one point.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 05:37:10 PM »
The real reason I think is that it's basically a 30-minute infomercial for Pillsbury, and CBS would rather air something that wouldn't upset their balance of (1) CBS promos and (2) commercials for Hoveround, Wilford Brimley and Injury Helpline.
What you're saying is that the Pillsbury Bake-Off appeals to the under-80 set who don't spend money on motorized scooters and diabetes supplies :-)

Mike Tennant

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 07:44:47 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jun 28 2004, 04:37 PM\']What you're saying is that the Pillsbury Bake-Off appeals to the under-80 set who don't spend money on motorized scooters and diabetes supplies :-)[/quote]
If you need diabetes supplies, you probably shouldn't be watching the Bake-Off.