Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mike Rielly questions  (Read 5426 times)

Robair

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2004, 07:01:38 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jun 29 2004, 11:47 AM\'] I think it takes more than just a single talk show appearance and some obscure VO work to make a good host...besides, most kids' game shows feature young guys that are often barely into their 20s as host, as was the case w/Bob Bergen, who wound up hosting Jep!. [/quote]
 Isn't Bergen doing obscure VO work now? Like VO5 commercials?

You see, it works both ways in this cruel town we call Tinsel.

And I think we've answered our question about the thread. Nobody knows where the hell Mike Reilly is because we're not talking about him anymore.
--Robair

Robair

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 07:04:13 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 29 2004, 05:51 PM\'] EUbanks mentioned DIamond Head Game being "a turkey" once on 80s Card Sharks. [/quote]
 Once in an interview Eubanks said he didn't feel like a game show host because he had to wear aloha shirts and leis. And his hair was awful, he once said. The weather was no bargain and he also mentioned that more than once the weather was uncooperative.

I think that'll all be "in the book, Bob".
--Robair

Ian Wallis

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2004, 09:51:09 AM »
And yes, I have heard the pilot overall sucked, with some midget playing Uncle Pennybags.

According to a brief snippet in TVGuide in 1990, this was one main reason the show didn't sell for syndication.

Bob Eubanks said he thought "Trivia Trap" and "Dream House" were doomed to fail.

I'm sure it was on GSN's old "Game TV" that they brought this up once.  I remember Charlie O'Donnell talking about "Trivia Trap".  He said that in the beginning, Bob was crazy about the show and thought it played well.  One day he brought Charlie down to the studio to watch, and Charlie told him he didn't think it was going to do very well.  Maybe after that Bob began to realize it wasn't a good game.

I think the main problem with "Dream House" was that the front game took too long.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

rmfromfla

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2004, 09:54:31 AM »
Jraygor:   I have Mike Reilly's only Jeopardy appearance on tape(11/27/89):

Final Jeopardy Category:  State Capitals

Clue:  Genoa, Italy gave this State Capital a 20' statue which was put
                   in front of City Hall

Results:  Lisa Guay (4x champ;$38K):  What is Columbus, OH?
                          2,300 +  2,300  =  $4,600
                    Steve Robinson:  What is Albany, NY?
                          5,500 -  2,600  =  $2,900
                    Michael Reilly:  What is Albany?
                          4,000 -  4,000  =  $0

Lisa Guay becomes a 5x winner with $42,600; gets eliminated in
               quarterfinals of 90' TOC....

Jimmy Owen

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004, 10:04:49 AM »
I thought Mike did a good job on "Monopoly."  Maybe it was ahead of its time.  A revival with celebrities just playing the game for three hours on cable TV might be a viable show these days. RE: "Trivia Trap," Charlie O didn't even identify himself at the end of the show as is MG custom.  As far as "Diamond Head," hangin' with Jane Nelson couldn't be that bad, unless she and Ed Fishman were already hooked up.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2004, 02:32:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Jun 29 2004, 06:01 PM\'][quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jun 29 2004, 11:47 AM\'] I think it takes more than just a single talk show appearance and some obscure VO work to make a good host...besides, most kids' game shows feature young guys that are often barely into their 20s as host, as was the case w/Bob Bergen, who wound up hosting Jep!. [/quote]
Isn't Bergen doing obscure VO work now? Like VO5 commercials?
[/quote]
And is Bergen still the Disney Channel's main voice-over?  (I admit that I don't watch it nowadays, so I wouldn't know off the bat, although Allyce Beasley's the Playhouse Disney block V/O.)  He did the V/O for fX in their early "TV Made Fresh Daily" days and when Anne Sweeney left there for Disney, seemed to go with her.

rmfromfla

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2004, 09:27:29 PM »
I think Bergen's doing the voice of Porky Pig;  supposedly he did voiceovers
 in "Looney Tunes -  The Movie" last year....

davemackey

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2004, 06:19:06 PM »
[quote name=\'rmfromfla\' date=\'Jun 30 2004, 09:27 PM\'] I think Bergen's doing the voice of Porky Pig;  supposedly he did voiceovers
 in "Looney Tunes -  The Movie" last year.... [/quote]
 Bob Bergen IS Porky Pig. The one and only. Nobody else is ever called to do The Pig. (In much the same way, former "Couch Potatoes" sidekick and message-board fiend Joe Alaskey has a raft of former Blanc characters at his command, including Tweety, Sylvester, Daffy and Yosemite Sam.) Bergen did the voice in "Looney Tunes: Back In Action" which was a fine movie if you like those old toons and Jenna Elfman, not necessarily in that order.

I think Bergen did a rather fine job on JEP!, sort of different from his cartoon roles (he's been doing Porky since about 1991).

irismason42

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2004, 07:03:33 PM »
And Bergen's other friend of his, David Sidoni was also born on March 8, but he's only 6 years younger than him, in fact he and Bergen both joining the March 8 birthday club along with their friends who were also born March 8 of their birthyears. And Sidoni did a very good hosting fashion on Wheel 2000(JEP!'s sister show) while married to Karen, but what's Karen's last name that Mr. Sidoni was married to? and did he work with Mr. Bergen when both him and Bergen went to Disney? and who plays The Animated Lucy on Wheel 2000?

aaron sica

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2004, 07:09:33 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Jul 7 2004, 07:03 PM\'] And Bergen's other friend of his, David Sidoni was also born on March 8, but he's only 6 years younger than him, in fact he and Bergen both joining the March 8 birthday club along with their friends who were also born March 8 of their birthyears. And Sidoni did a very good hosting fashion on Wheel 2000(JEP!'s sister show) while married to Karen, but what's Karen's last name that Mr. Sidoni was married to? and did he work with Mr. Bergen when both him and Bergen went to Disney? and who plays The Animated Lucy on Wheel 2000? [/quote]
 Huh?

tomobrien

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2004, 12:15:54 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jul 7 2004, 05:09 PM\'][quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Jul 7 2004, 07:03 PM\'] And Bergen's other friend of his, David Sidoni was also born on March 8, but he's only 6 years younger than him, in fact he and Bergen both joining the March 8 birthday club along with their friends who were also born March 8 of their birthyears. And Sidoni did a very good hosting fashion on Wheel 2000(JEP!'s sister show) while married to Karen, but what's Karen's last name that Mr. Sidoni was married to? and did he work with Mr. Bergen when both him and Bergen went to Disney? and who plays The Animated Lucy on Wheel 2000? [/quote]
Huh?[/quote]
It's stream of unconsciousness.

mystery7

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2004, 03:34:21 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Jul 7 2004, 07:03 PM\'] And Sidoni did a very good hosting fashion on Wheel 2000(JEP!'s sister show) while married to Karen, but what's Karen's last name that Mr. Sidoni was married to? [/quote]
 Going way out on a limb here, but considering she married David Sidoni, maybe Karen's last name is...uh...Sidoni?

rmfromfla

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2004, 06:27:32 PM »
The voice of the animated Lucy on Wheel 2000 was Tamika Ray.

gameshowguy2000

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2004, 11:55:01 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Jul 7 2004, 05:19 PM\'] Bob Bergen IS Porky Pig. [/quote]
 Wait a minute. I thought Mel Blanc did the Looney Tunes voices.

dzinkin

Mike Rielly questions
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2004, 11:57:32 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 11:55 AM\'] [quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Jul 7 2004, 05:19 PM\'] Bob Bergen IS Porky Pig. [/quote]
Wait a minute. I thought Mel Blanc did the Looney Tunes voices. [/quote]
Dave said "is," not "was."  Mel Blanc did the voices until he passed away in 1989.  Bob Bergen is the current voice of Porky Pig.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 11:58:07 AM by dzinkin »