Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ken Jennings: Syndication's new Thom McKee  (Read 4233 times)

zachhoran

Ken Jennings: Syndication's new Thom McKee
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2004, 08:15:16 AM »
[quote name=\'pacdude\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 07:03 AM\'] Since no one has posted the article or a link to it, might as well take the initiative.

Here are some articles that mention that "Ken's reign is over."

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/livin.../9011825.htm?1c

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePr.../24/511681.html

(Looking through these posts, one newspaper said Ken looked like a 'male version of a Stepford wife.' I found that amusing.) [/quote]
 The London paper might SAY it's over, but they don't say exactly when :)

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2004, 09:19:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 03:58 AM\'] At least we know 2 things & a possibility:

1.  Ken's reign as champ ends somehow, someway.

2.  J! is currently on summer break(taping wise) at least as far as we know.

The only possibility is that J! may start Season 21 with its T of C.  That's the only thing to me that's uncertain right now. [/quote]
 Why do you waste your time?

Brandon Brooks

Don Howard

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2004, 09:28:28 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 07:15 AM\'] The London paper might SAY it's over, but they don't say exactly when :) [/quote]
 We'll know it's about to end when Johnny Gilbert introduces Erik Krapelein as one of Ken's opponents.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2004, 11:41:33 AM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 02:21 AM\'] [quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 04:58 AM\'] 1.  Ken's reign as champ ends somehow, someway. [/quote]
You don't say? [/quote]
 The man has a penchant for the obvious.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Skynet74

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2004, 02:25:59 PM »
This is what I read to lead me to beleive his Championship is over.

>>Jennings' streak may be over but viewers may not realize it. Episodes featuring him were taped in February and Jennings is back home in Utah and refusing comment. <<

Sometimes I just wish people could accept what's been written instead of trying to turn it into something it's not. Forget the Summer Hiatus. Forget anything about him coming back. The GUY is finally Toast. It's over Johnny..... It's over.  He kicked Ass and now he's home cutting grass. Let's all accept it and move on.

John
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 02:26:39 PM by Skynet74 »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2004, 02:45:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 02:25 PM\'] Sometimes I just wish people could accept what's been written instead of trying to turn it into something it's not. [/quote]
 Fair enough, read the statement again -- as written.  Nothing in that sentence is definite, except that Ken's at home in Utah.  If Ken lost, then he's at home in Utah.  If Ken didn't lose, then he's at home in Utah waiting for the new season to start taping.

There's not much difference between "speculation" and "jumping to conclusions".
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Skynet74

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2004, 02:52:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 01:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 02:25 PM\'] Sometimes I just wish people could accept what's been written instead of trying to turn it into something it's not. [/quote]
Fair enough, read the statement again -- as written.  Nothing in that sentence is definite, except that Ken's at home in Utah.  If Ken lost, then he's at home in Utah.  If Ken didn't lose, then he's at home in Utah waiting for the new season to start taping.

There's not much difference between "speculation" and "jumping to conclusions". [/quote]

Please Excuse me while I go find a hammer to smash my keyboard to bits.

John
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 02:53:21 PM by Skynet74 »

Don Howard

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2004, 03:03:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 01:25 PM\'] >>Jennings' streak may be over
 [/quote]
 And, on the other hand, Jennings' streak may NOT be over.

Skynet74

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2004, 03:08:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 02:03 PM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 01:25 PM\'] >>Jennings' streak may be over
 [/quote]
And, on the other hand, Jennings' streak may NOT be over. [/quote]

O.K..... that's It. I will now place all my 4th Of July fireworks inbetween every key and light them accordingly.

5.... 4.... 3..... 2.... 1

BA BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 03:10:39 PM by Skynet74 »

passwordplus

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2004, 04:55:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 03:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 02:03 PM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 01:25 PM\'] >>Jennings' streak may be over
 [/quote]
And, on the other hand, Jennings' streak may NOT be over. [/quote]

O.K..... that's It. I will now place all my 4th Of July fireworks inbetween every key and light them accordingly.

5.... 4.... 3..... 2.... 1

BA BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!! [/quote]
 Don't worry, hit KJ up for a new Dell or sumthin'(lol)

At this rate, there is one possiblity(albeit slim chance in hell), we might see Ken hosting the show and Alex playing(since Ken knows all anyways!) for charity. Now, that would be a funny(sarcasm)

passwordplus

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2004, 04:58:28 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 1 2004, 04:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Jul 1 2004, 03:51 AM\'] After this is over, maybe they can give him a job as researcher just like Jack Berry did to Frank Dillon on TJW.
 [/quote]
I have a feeling Sony's not paying Ken any more than they have to. :-) [/quote]
 I thought that was already discussed in another thread, whether they had to pay 22 different champs from 4 weeks of shows 737+k  or the same guy 737k for the same time frame...is....still the same amount of money.

Millionaire76

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2004, 05:01:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jul 1 2004, 03:29 PM\'] I read an article not to long ago that said he finally lost and was now back home. So the reign eventually ends. But who knows how many more shows were already taped before that interview? It's anybody's guess. I personally don't see him hitting a Million...... but I'll be watching for sure if it looks like he will. The guy is almost unstoppable. He must of done something really dumb to finally lose. Anxious to see what it was.

John [/quote]
 The point is that we don't know when he lost. Tapings of game-shows could be recorded months and months before the airdate.

For example, I heard the creator of pacdude games is going on WOF(taping: July 17) and the airdate somewhere January 2005.

passwordplus

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2004, 05:33:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire76\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 05:01 PM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jul 1 2004, 03:29 PM\'] I read an article not to long ago that said he finally lost and was now back home. So the reign eventually ends. But who knows how many more shows were already taped before that interview? It's anybody's guess. I personally don't see him hitting a Million...... but I'll be watching for sure if it looks like he will. The guy is almost unstoppable. He must of done something really dumb to finally lose. Anxious to see what it was.

John [/quote]
The point is that we don't know when he lost. Tapings of game-shows could be recorded months and months before the airdate.

For example, I heard the creator of pacdude games is going on WOF(taping: July 17) and the airdate somewhere January 2005. [/quote]
 Jeopardy seems to be months ahead in taping, with the exception of the shows in other cities(such as OSU when that was taped just a month ahead of time)