Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm gonna be on Wheel!  (Read 1644 times)

pacdude

I'm gonna be on Wheel!
« on: July 01, 2004, 07:26:57 PM »
I don't post here much, but I lurk, and I just thought I'd share.

I'm going to be on Wheel Of Fortune's Teen Best Friends week here in Philly!

Taping is July 18 and airdates is sometime in January 2005.

If anyone has words of advice or previous experience, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, and go Wheel!

DrBear

I'm gonna be on Wheel!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 08:01:17 PM »
One from a show I saw the other day...
If you're spinning the wheel several times in a row, and on each spin you get one space closer to BANKRUPT, change the effort you put into spinning the wheel before you hit it!
Thank you. I expect a cut of winnings for that.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Clay Zambo

I'm gonna be on Wheel!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 11:17:43 AM »
Well, you get on with your bad self!  Congratulations!

Advice: have a wonderful time.  You've already won.  Everything from here on is bonus.
czambo@mac.com

bellbm

I'm gonna be on Wheel!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 11:56:38 AM »
Good advice about the spinning.  When I was on, hit bankrupt twice, after the playing in front of me hit it.  ( I was in the middle position).  I think the adrenaline of "its my turn!" made me spin it harder, because my other spins I got it around about once.

Buy vowels, it may seem like a waste of money, but it will help you maintain control of the game.

Have fun!  I wish I could do it again.

Michael Brandenburg

I'm gonna be on Wheel!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 01:04:54 PM »
Hey, it just so happens your tape date for the show will be my 55th birthday.  Hopefully that will bring you some luck!

On a related note, there was a young player on the Price is Right episode that aired this morning who got on the show the day after his 18th birthday and won his "Shopping Spree" pricing game.  (He sure didn't waste any time getting on the show after he was old enough to meet the age requirement!)

And those of you who were watching that show in the Eastern Time Zone know that at 11:34 Eastern time, CBS cut away for a "special report" on the death of Marlon Brando, a move on their part that I'm very critical of because I feel that a movie "star's" death just doesn't merit that sort of priority in "news" coverage.  So I have to ask here, couldn't they have waited just two more minutes to do something like that?

Michael Brandenburg
(You see, if they had, the viewers of the TPIR episode for that day would have been spared witnessing the death of "Hans the Mountain Climber" in the "Cliff Hangers" game -- and you know how I feel about that game!)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
I'm gonna be on Wheel!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 03:41:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Michael Brandenburg\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 10:04 AM\'] a move on their part that I'm very critical of because I feel that a movie "star's" death just doesn't merit that sort of priority in "news" coverage.

[/quote]
 Or being posted to a game show message board. Didn't stop two of our members, alas.
and you know how I feel about that game!)
Actually, no, I don't. Which is strange, considering your best efforts to make sure we know about every oher facet of your personal life. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe