Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Ultimate TV Game Show Book is out!  (Read 10952 times)

Matt Ottinger

The Ultimate TV Game Show Book is out!
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2004, 12:41:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Aug 4 2004, 12:37 PM\'] Do we know if this book is still scheduled to come out this month? [/quote]
 Last I heard, Fred Wostbrock and Steve Ryan are still scheduled to be at the Game Show Congress signing copies.  That's on August 15, so it ought to be showing up soon.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2004, 01:42:38 PM »
The Amazon blurb for the book is a lot of fun...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...455211?v=glance

Elvis and Wink Martindale? Maybe they co-wrote the intro. What else has Elvis been doing lately?

Friend or Foe is a "hit"? Well, um, publisher's blurbs aren't held to the highest standards of accuracy.

michaellinn

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2004, 11:57:44 PM »
Thanks for posting this link, CaseyAbell. I'll have to get this book. It looks interesting. I have many TV show books, but no game show books as of yet.

Steve McClellan

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2004, 04:15:57 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Aug 4 2004, 10:42 AM\'] The Amazon blurb for the book is a lot of fun... [/quote]
 ...even if a *slight* bit outdated: "Steve Ryan [...] currently creates the rebus puzzles for Classic Concentration." Heh.

DrBear

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2004, 09:01:02 PM »
For all we know, he still does; there just isn't a show to put them on. Steve sits down in the basement doing rebuses all day...
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

zachhoran

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2004, 09:18:09 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Aug 5 2004, 08:01 PM\'] For all we know, he still does; there just isn't a show to put them on. Steve sits down in the basement doing rebuses all day... [/quote]
 As per the Game SHow Home Game Home Page of our moderator's, STeve did the rebuses for the recent Endless Games home versions of Concentration.

Mrs. GameShow

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2004, 01:13:55 PM »
Yes, it is true that Steve did all the rebus puzzles for the box game of "Concentration."  He also created the rebus puzzles for the "Concentration" slot machine.  

Look for another new Steve Ryan book in Spring 2005.  "Clever Lunchbox Puzzles" features rebus puzzles by the master himself.  :-)

Mrs. GameShow

Yogi007

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2004, 01:22:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jul 7 2004, 01:15 PM\']
Jimmy Cefalo paying tribute to Jim Caldwell. [/quote]
 I agree with Dsmith for the most part, but I believe it is Ahmad Rashad who is paying tribute to Jim.  Jimmy is too busy doing (reading the TelePrompTer) the sports on the TV in Miami to deal with Mr. Caldwell.
sarcasm included at no extra charge

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2004, 02:11:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Yogi007\' date=\'Aug 7 2004, 12:22 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jul 7 2004, 01:15 PM\']
I agree with Dsmith for the most part, but I believe it is Ahmad Rashad who is paying tribute to Jim.  Jimmy is too busy doing (reading the TelePrompTer) the sports on the TV in Miami to deal with Mr. Caldwell. [/quote]
 WHOOOOSH!
Way over your head.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Yogi007

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2004, 12:11:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Aug 7 2004, 01:11 AM\'] [quote name=\'Yogi007\' date=\'Aug 7 2004, 12:22 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jul 7 2004, 01:15 PM\']
I agree with Dsmith for the most part, but I believe it is Ahmad Rashad who is paying tribute to Jim.  Jimmy is too busy doing (reading the TelePrompTer) the sports on the TV in Miami to deal with Mr. Caldwell. [/quote]
WHOOOOSH!
Way over your head. [/quote]
 Not really over my head.  I can't recall what show Cefalo did, but I was trying to be funny because I wanted to be the one who mentioned Caldwell but you beat me to it and the only thing I could think of was Rashad.  I won't be funny anymore.  Chris warned me about attempting to be funny.  I hope he doesn't take my card away from me.  I will try to do better next time.  As Jay London says, "I'll just stand here, I don't want to bother anybody".
sarcasm included at no extra charge

Bob Zager

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2004, 11:14:18 AM »
After being delayed several times, The Ultimate TV Game Show book is...delayed again!  I got a post card in the mail from my area's Borders Books and Music store, saying the book will not be out until late November/early December.

It was reported that the recent Game Show Congress gathering was going to have autographed copies available, but I wasn't surprised that the book wasn't ready, since most online bookstores listed a September release date.

Pyramid80

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2004, 07:35:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 10:14 AM\']After being delayed several times, The Ultimate TV Game Show book is...delayed again!  I got a post card in the mail from my area's Borders Books and Music store, saying the book will not be out until late November/early December.
[snapback]55570[/snapback]
[/quote]

I was wondering if Mrs. Game Show has any new news on this yet.

Bob Zager

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2004, 10:41:21 AM »
A source close to the authors gave me the impression that it just keeps looking "iffy," as to whether or not this book will be published.

Some online booksellers list it as coming out in December, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I think it would be nice to see the EOTVGS revised/updated.  There have been a lot of new shows since the last edition in 1999.