Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Turning Off Jeopardy!  (Read 4789 times)

DrBear

Turning Off Jeopardy!
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2004, 01:24:04 PM »
What amazes me about this whole run is that other contestants are not only falling behind, but actually going into the red, it seems, more than usual. It's as if they are so surprised to actually get in on the buzzer that they lose track of the question.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Matt Ottinger

Turning Off Jeopardy!
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2004, 01:27:33 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 01:24 PM\'] What amazes me about this whole run is that other contestants are not only falling behind, but actually going into the red, it seems, more than usual. It's as if they are so surprised to actually get in on the buzzer that they lose track of the question. [/quote]
 I'm pretty sure that's happened once or twice.  There's a natural feeling of frustration if all you've ever done is yelled answers at the TV.  At some point, I'm sure some people are trying to buzz in just to see if they can, and only then, of course, do they realize that there's a second part to it!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Turning Off Jeopardy!
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2004, 12:17:15 PM »
Ken has had 20-some-odd appearances to practice his lockout timing; his opponents have not.

The problem with trying to load the categories against Ken is that you have to come up with 12 categories in any given show about which he knows little and at least one of his opponents knows a lot. What are the chances of that? MAYBE if they had a contestant who was, say, an M.D. and they had twelve categories along the lines of "EKG Patterns" and "Receptor Cells", etc. they could pull it off, but that would look kind of fishy, don't you think? It might be fun for Alex learning to pronounce all of those medical terms.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 12:38:03 PM by chris319 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Turning Off Jeopardy!
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2004, 02:10:09 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 3 2004, 09:17 AM\'] MAYBE if they had a contestant who was, say, an M.D. and they had twelve categories along the lines of "EKG Patterns" and "Receptor Cells", etc. they could pull it off, but that would look kind of fishy, don't you think? It might be fun for Alex learning to pronounce all of those medical terms. [/quote]
 Or, if, say, they had a neurotic mailman, and gave him categories like "The Postal Service", "Florida", and "Famous Mothers"....

....of course, he'd still be screwed come Final Jeopardy...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Turning Off Jeopardy!
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2004, 03:49:03 PM »
Using my medical example:

Final Jeopardy! Category: Defibrillators

Clue: The proper voltage setting for an Acme model 5678 with a patient weighing 196.5 pounds.

Good luck.

GS Warehouse

Turning Off Jeopardy!
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2004, 05:14:40 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 3 2004, 03:49 PM\'] Using my medical example:

Final Jeopardy! Category: Defibrillators

Clue: The proper voltage setting for an Acme model 5678 with a patient weighing 196.5 pounds.

Good luck. [/quote]
 [draws a picture of Malcolm that makes Chris lose his place]