Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Radio  (Read 3132 times)

joshg

Game Show Radio
« on: July 03, 2004, 04:10:28 PM »
With my birthday fast approaching, I decided to give myself a gift: my own internet radio station. I know, I know; I could have gone outside and looked at a tree, but rather than sell 'Score Productions' cassettes on online auction sites, I thought I'd try my hand at being a program director.

http://www.live365.com/stations/310484

Enjoy!

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

tvwxman

Game Show Radio
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 06:00:12 PM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Jul 3 2004, 03:10 PM\'] With my birthday fast approaching, I decided to give myself a gift: my own internet radio station. I know, I know; I could have gone outside and looked at a tree, but rather than sell 'Score Productions' cassettes on online auction sites, I thought I'd try my hand at being a program director.

Enjoy!

Josh [/quote]
 This is phenomenal stuff. Thank YOU for sharing your birthday gift with us!

One question: what's with your All Star Blitz theme? Is that added vocals? I've never heard this before..... wierd. REALLY WIERD.

I must have a copy though....can anyone share please?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

ChuckNet

Game Show Radio
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 12:39:43 AM »
One question: what's with your All Star Blitz theme? Is that added vocals? I've never heard this before..... wierd. REALLY WIERD.

It was tried for 1 week during the show's run, then they promptly went back to the instrumental close most are familiar with...gee, I wonder why... :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Steve McClellan

Game Show Radio
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2004, 01:51:23 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jul 3 2004, 03:00 PM\'] I must have a copy though....can anyone share please? [/quote]
Not feeling too generous tonight, but I can at least share a link:

http://www.80stvthemes.com/gameshows/ :)

Oh, and no small P.S.: Thanks, Josh. I was very pleasantly surprised my many of the pieces in the mix. A virtual tip of my virtual cap to you. :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 01:52:51 AM by gameshowsteve »

joshg

Game Show Radio
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 10:11:21 PM »
I just wanted to thank everyone for listening to my 'station'. I'll be fine tuning and adding more stuff soon.

Thanks again...

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

sshuffield70

Game Show Radio
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 10:29:57 PM »
Tuning in now, Josh.  Sounds great!

You can peek into my list and see if there's anything you'd like there that you don't have.

www.gameshowultraplex.com/GSMusic

adamjk

Game Show Radio
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 10:57:07 PM »
Neat, is there a way to pause music and skip tracks though. There are so many of them!

Don Howard

Game Show Radio
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 11:23:14 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 5 2004, 09:57 PM\'] Neat, is there a way to pause music and skip tracks though. There are so many of them! [/quote]
 It's a radio station!! Sit back, listen and enjoy. You got yourself a great birthday present there, Josh. Thanks for spreading the wealth.

GS Warehouse

Game Show Radio
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 12:43:20 AM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Jul 3 2004, 04:10 PM\'] With my birthday fast approaching, I decided to give myself a gift: my own internet radio station. ...

Enjoy! [/quote]
 Enjoy is right.  It's much better than the first Live365 station I listened to--the since-defunct all-William Hung station (I'm not making this up!).

Skynet74

Game Show Radio
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2004, 08:28:52 PM »
Awsome Sounds. Unfortunately I am stuck with a 56k Dial Up connection for the moment and can't take full advatge of your feed. It keeps buffering. You may want to consider lowering the Bit rate for the Bandwidth deprived.

thanks,

John

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show Radio
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2004, 08:40:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 05:28 PM\'] Awsome Sounds. Unfortunately I am stuck with a 56k Dial Up connection for the moment and can't take full advatge of your feed. It keeps buffering. You may want to consider lowering the Bit rate for the Bandwidth deprived. [/quote]
 Or you might consider joining us in the 20th Century and getting broadband.

I wouldn't touch the settings, if you set it lower the quality of the music will suffer and you will lose listeners.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

sshuffield70

Game Show Radio
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2004, 08:41:54 PM »
I'd listen more but my wireless reception is very crappy.  I have to reload about every minute.  And with that CBS sounder, it gets to be very annoying.

EDIT:  Chris, in case you were wondering, I do have broadband with a wireless router.  It's fine for loading pages, but sucks for applications that require constant connections (Palace, Game Show Groove, Yahoo Chat).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 08:43:38 PM by sshuffield70 »

Brandon Brooks

Game Show Radio
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2004, 08:50:11 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 07:41 PM\'] EDIT:  Chris, in case you were wondering, I do have broadband with a wireless router.  It's fine for loading pages, but sucks for applications that require constant connections (Palace, Game Show Groove, Yahoo Chat). [/quote]
 Then buddy, that's a problem.  I assume you pay a good penny for it; you should try to get it working in tip-top shape.

I agree with Chris: lowering the bandwidth would decrease the quality.  And that's no fun.

Brandon Brooks

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show Radio
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2004, 08:51:41 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 05:41 PM\'] EDIT:  Chris, in case you were wondering, I do have broadband with a wireless router.  It's fine for loading pages, but sucks for applications that require constant connections (Palace, Game Show Groove, Yahoo Chat). [/quote]
 I have a wireless router too, for my laptop (and Tivo, one of these days.) It streams just fine for me. You may want to reconsider where you have your router sitting.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Game Show Radio
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2004, 06:00:15 AM »
Does Live365 handle all of the music clearances for you?