Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Dan Enright Effect  (Read 5526 times)

adamjk

The Dan Enright Effect
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2004, 11:08:21 PM »
Yes, on the very last spin he took he stopped on the space that was where he hit his first and only whammy.

Brandon Brooks

The Dan Enright Effect
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2004, 11:47:46 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 19 2004, 09:47 PM\'] On Monday Spongeken Squarepants won with $35,000. The burning question is, will he shock the world tomorrow by winning with $35,001?

Oooh, I can hardly wait. [/quote]
And you've cared enough to either watch or look at a recap.

Looks like J! is doing its job rather well.  (And if you are to believe the Professor, J! is tied with WOF for #1 syndicated show in the country.)

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 12:47:09 AM by Brandon Brooks »

Craig Karlberg

The Dan Enright Effect
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2004, 05:07:43 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see J! ACTUALLY be in first place in syndication when the latest weekly numbers come out later this week.  Here's how I see'em.

J!  8.2

WOF  7.8

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
The Dan Enright Effect
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2004, 12:49:39 PM »
I haven't been enjoying Jeopardy! on the competition level much recently (since Ken obliterates nearly all of his opponents), but I do find it interesting to watch to see how much money he can rack up in one day (see if he can come back and hit that $60,000 he was trying for that one day). Kind of like rooting for the solo contestant on Millionaire -- how successful will he be with two other people trying to answer his clues? Maybe not what the original intent of Jeopardy! is, but it's still interesting to me.

(Plus, I'm enjoying the different ways he's writing his name on the screen. I don't suppose the camera was ever close enough to show whether he placed the correct value on his "K" Scrabble tile, or whether it was an indistinguishable smudge.)

And while I'm not rooting for Ken to lose, I'll kick myself if I miss the episode where it does finally happen. Whenever that may be.

--
Scott Robinson

Brandon Brooks

The Dan Enright Effect
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2004, 12:55:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Jul 20 2004, 04:07 AM\'] I wouldn't be surprised to see J! ACTUALLY be in first place in syndication when the latest weekly numbers come out later this week.  Here's how I see'em.

J!  8.2

WOF  7.8 [/quote]
 J! is in first place in syndication, supposedly.  And I see them as eleventy billion and eleventy billion plus 2.

Brandon Brooks

JenKennings

The Dan Enright Effect
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2004, 03:45:02 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Jul 20 2004, 11:49 AM\'] (Plus, I'm enjoying the different ways he's writing his name on the screen. I don't suppose the camera was ever close enough to show whether he placed the correct value on his "K" Scrabble tile, or whether it was an indistinguishable smudge.) [/quote]
 It *was* a 5, but I guess you'll have to take my word for it at this point.  Those light-pens aren't really any good for detail work... :)