Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dead formats?  (Read 3341 times)

zachhoran

Dead formats?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2004, 06:52:06 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 05:05 PM\']
Maybe Ken Jennings' winning streak on Jeopardy might motivate some producers to revive Q&A shows like TTD, or invent similar shows. The way things are going, anything can happen in the long run. [/quote]
 There's a somewhat slighter chance GSN would bring TTD back to the schedule. COnsidering now that Alex mentioned Thom and TTD, this would be a good a time as ever to revisit those long-term TTD champions' runs. Though this is GSN(old or new) we're talking about.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Dead formats?
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2004, 06:56:51 PM »
I think Treasure Isle will remain dead and buried for the rest of eternity.

aaron sica

Dead formats?
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2004, 07:44:33 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 06:52 PM\'] There's a somewhat slighter chance GSN would bring TTD back to the schedule. COnsidering now that Alex mentioned Thom and TTD, this would be a good a time as ever to revisit those long-term TTD champions' runs. Though this is GSN(old or new) we're talking about. [/quote]
 This actually makes a lot of sense to me........While it's been pointed out that Ken Jennings is attracting TONS of attention from people who don't even *watch* game shows, if they are old enough to remember Thom McKee (who also did the same with the attention thing), they may look fondly on those days and perhaps seeing him again would be a bit of an interest...

I think it makes lots of sense for GSN to put back TTD, or even show some eps with him as a special...

I also am a realist, however. Would it be a great idea? Yes. Would GSN actually do it? No.

rugrats1

Dead formats?
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2004, 08:52:30 PM »
I think Treasure Isle will remain dead and buried for the rest of eternity.

Not necessarily -- that show was, more or less, ahead of its time. Today's reality shows are either along the same vein as Treasure Isle, or use some teamwork elements similar to what was used on that show.

Also, "Fort Boyard", the pan-European hit game show, is practically similar to Treasure Isle, in which contestants complete stunts and solve puzzles to get points. The only difference is that Fort Boyard is a real place and "Treasure Isle" is not.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 08:53:11 PM by rugrats1 »

MCArroyo1

Dead formats?
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2004, 10:32:29 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 06:44 PM\'] I also am a realist, however. Would it be a great idea? Yes. Would GSN actually do it? No. [/quote]
 Maybe I'm not much of a realist.  But Ken has been appearing all over the media lately, and thousands of people know his name.  If any television network should try to capitalize on this "Jeopardy!" craze, then I think GSN is it...