Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy champ takes on the world  (Read 4469 times)

tyshaun1

Jeopardy champ takes on the world
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2004, 10:54:17 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 06:56 PM\'] I will gladly award that person a genuine box of actual Lee Press-On Nails: Press My Pants, Earn Your Vacation, Celebrity Poker, In the Dark, Extreme Dodgeball, High School Hopscotch, Family Challenge, Wild Animal Games, Supermarket Sweep, Combination Lock, Boggle, Couch Potatoes, Double Dare, Debt, Win Ben Stein's Money, Dance Fever, Guess My Sandwich, ...

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
Press My Pants
Style Network

High School Hopscotch
Public Access

Guess My Sandwich
Food Network

I want my Lee Press-On Nails, damnit! ;)

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 10:55:11 PM by tyshaun1 »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2004, 11:01:28 PM »
And that's what was referred to as the "Network of Record". When syndie shows aired on more than one network's O&Os the S&P task was not duplicated by two sets of reps and rules. One of the two networks became the "network of record" insofar as being responsible for S&P, and their equivalent of the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval was relied upon by BOTH networks in protecting their O&Os, and by the hundred+ indidvidual indie stations and network affiliates airing the show.
What's an example of a synicated game show which was sold to more than one network's station group? Or which was sold to one network station group but aired on another network's O&O?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 11:03:48 PM by chris319 »

uncamark

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2004, 07:01:48 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 10:01 PM\']
And that's what was referred to as the "Network of Record". When syndie shows aired on more than one network's O&Os the S&P task was not duplicated by two sets of reps and rules. One of the two networks became the "network of record" insofar as being responsible for S&P, and their equivalent of the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval was relied upon by BOTH networks in protecting their O&Os, and by the hundred+ indidvidual indie stations and network affiliates airing the show.
What's an example of a synicated game show which was sold to more than one network's station group? Or which was sold to one network station group but aired on another network's O&O?[/quote]
"The New Treasure Hunt" was sold to the CBS O&Os, but for the one year it ran in Chicago (1974-75) it was on NBC-owned WMAQ (WBBM did an hour of news in access for most of the 70s, as did ABC-owned WLS for all of the 70s).

Same thing happened with "The Gong Show"--sold to the ABC O&Os, but in Chicago it ran on WMAQ in 1977-78, the only season it aired in Chicago.

Seems to me that when "NTT" was sold to the ABC O&Os in 1979, it was still on WMAQ in Chicago.

I don't remember when WBBM stopped doing an hour of news in access (it had to be after Bill Kurtis and Walter Jacobson were broken up), but WLS stopped it in January 1984, when they put a little show called "Wheel of Fortune" in at 6:30 p.m.  I wonder if it's still on?  :)

leszekp

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2004, 07:28:27 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 06:56 PM\']But as indicated before, that is all but a memory. It's now almost all farmed-out to independent firms. If anyone can provide ANY reasonable evidence that ANY of the 4 networks has/had ANY S&P person at ANY set for ANY of the following shows, I will gladly award that person a genuine box of actual Lee Press-On Nails: WOF, J!, FF, Pyramid, HSquares, Street Smarts, Press My Pants, Earn Your Vacation, Celebrity Poker, In the Dark, Extreme Dodgeball, High School Hopscotch, Family Challenge, Wild Animal Games, Supermarket Sweep, Combination Lock, Boggle, Couch Potatoes, Double Dare, Debt, Win Ben Stein's Money, Dance Fever, Guess My Sandwich...

Randy
tvrandywest.com[/quote]
I know that an ABC S&P person was present at my first J! tapings in 1991, but don't have a specific memory of the same at the 1992 TOC. Also don't recall anyone such person at Win Ben Stein's Money. You can keep your Lee Press-On Nails .....