Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The 5 questions of this week...  (Read 6150 times)

zachhoran

The 5 questions of this week...
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2004, 09:44:48 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 08:38 AM\']
From what I read, Bill Carruthers was trying to shop "Press Your Luck" for syndication in the fall of 1986 for 18 weeks of new shows, followed by 8 weeks of reruns.  I guess not enough stations were interested because it never happened.  The show was eventually syndicated in the spring of 1987, with 26 weeks of repeats from 1985 [/quote]
 Syndie PYL reruns appeared as early as 12/29/86, as WPXI Pittsburgh debuted them at 9:30AM EST on that date(replacing Sparks Crosswits in the process)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2004, 10:08:40 AM »
Syndie PYL reruns appeared as early as 12/29/86, as WPXI Pittsburgh debuted them at 9:30AM EST on that date(replacing Sparks Crosswits in the process)

Another interesting question might be:  exactly how many stations did those PYL reruns appear on before it headed to USA?  

The only ones I know of:

WPXI Pittsburgh
WOKR Rochester
CFMT Toronto

Any others that people know of?  I have a bunch of out-of-town TVGuides from around that time and the show doesn't appear in the listings in any of them.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

tvwxman

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2004, 10:53:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 09:08 AM\']
Another interesting question might be:  exactly how many stations did those PYL reruns appear on before it headed to USA?  
 [/quote]
 WSVN, NBC (at the time) Miami...

10AM, around March 87.....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

ChuckNet

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2004, 06:42:38 PM »
I only saw a couple of episodes of the 1980 Deal when I was a kid, and I think the opening was just contestants celebrating their wins. It's been 24 years since I saw it, so I'm a little fizzy on that detail.

LMaD '80 did indeed open w/clips of big wins...originally, they came from the 70s syndie era, but later in the run, they came from eps aired earlier in the season.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

BrandonFG

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2004, 02:23:44 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 05:42 PM\']
I only saw a couple of episodes of the 1980 Deal when I was a kid, and I think the opening was just contestants celebrating their wins. It's been 24 years since I saw it, so I'm a little fizzy on that detail.

LMaD '80 did indeed open w/clips of big wins...originally, they came from the 70s syndie era, but later in the run, they came from eps aired earlier in the season. [/quote]
 Again...anyone care to post screengrabs from LMaD80? :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!