Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Surprise Peter Marshall meeting  (Read 1537 times)

geno57

Surprise Peter Marshall meeting
« on: July 12, 2004, 11:36:15 AM »
It's 10:35 AM Monday, July 12.

If you tune in to 810, WHB right NOW, you'll hear Peter Marshall and his former ballplaying son, Pete LaCock.

I just shook hands with Peter and chatted for a few minutes in the station hallway. (I work here at the station.) Also got his autograph.

Just wanted to post this and let you all know before it's over. Tune in if you can.

-- Geno

geno57

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 02:25:27 PM »
Now that my geekish excitement has died down, I can write a little more.

I arrived at work this morning to find Peter Marshall and his son, former Royals/Cubs ballplayer Pete LaCock, in the hallway waiting to go on the air for an interview on one of our stations' midday shows.

This was totally unexpected, as far as I was concerned! And once I realized it was really the Master of the Hollywood Squares I was being introduced to, I got my wits about me. We spoke for a few minutes about the Squares, Peter's strong influence on my career, his recent CD releases, and "Music Of Your Life", the syndicated radio network on which he hosts a regular show.

Peter autographed a sheet of letterhead for me: "To Gene ... Best always, Peter Marshall." Below the signature, a scribbled tic-tac-toe board. During the on-air interview, I went down to our promotions office and asked if I could borrow a camera. When the interview was over, Peter graciously agreed to pose for a picture with me. Once I get it back, I'll scan it, and see about posting it somewhere for all to see.

So that was my brush with Game Show Greatness for the day!

vtown7

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 03:04:57 PM »
Wow!  Glad you took full advantage of it.

Ryan :)