Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Score Cassette Part 2  (Read 2066 times)

TalkingHeadsFan

Score Cassette Part 2
« on: July 12, 2004, 03:32:36 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4024575799&rd=1

This time, we KNOW what's on the tape...I'd just like to see how this affects the final price, as Matt brought up.  I wonder if this guy has any more that he'll sell, and what's on them. Damn, I should just drive down there and see for myself, (Would take about half-an-hour lol)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Score Cassette Part 2
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 03:44:18 PM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 12:32 PM\'] http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4024575799&rd=1

This time, we KNOW what's on the tape...I'd just like to see how this affects the final price, as Matt brought up.  I wonder if this guy has any more that he'll sell, and what's on them. Damn, I should just drive down there and see for myself, (Would take about half-an-hour lol) [/quote]
 Or you could ask him, since he posts here.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

Score Cassette Part 2
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 03:48:27 PM »
My holy grail would be "Come to the Big Showdown" by the Score Productions Band.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the ticket plug for BL is the same as the main theme of CC, so the winner of this cassette would be getting three different opening themes.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Mike Tennant

Score Cassette Part 2
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »
He also has a PYL cassette available now.

tvrandywest

Score Cassette Part 2
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 04:34:56 PM »
Foolish me. I stepped away from the 'puter for a few hours. As I was never very good at following soap operas, can someone tell me...

1.  What was the TPiR cue on the FIRST Score cassette that was sold on e-bay last week?

2.  Are the seller and buyer BOTH members here?

3.  Can the seller clarify which TPiR "opening" is on this second cassette ("Walking" or "Main Theme"?)

Somebody got a clean Score cassette label that I can duplicate? This nonsense of selling cues for $100 each could make me a millionaire.

Thanks for the info.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 05:40:05 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

johnnyd1788

Score Cassette Part 2
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 05:16:28 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 03:34 PM\'] 1.  What was the TPiR cue on the FIRST Score cassette that was sold on e-bay last week?

2.  Are the seller and buyer BOTH members here?

3.  Can the seller clarify which TPiR "opening" is on this second cassette ("Walking" or "Main Theme"?)

[/quote]
 1. No one knows, only the winner and the seller. The seller will tell us once the item has shipped, I believe.
2. All I know is that the seller is a member here. As for these newer items being sold, I am not sure if it is the same guy as before.
3. It depends on if the seller is willing to.
Hope this helps some!
Johnny D

jalman

Score Cassette Part 2
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 01:02:57 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 02:48 PM\'] My holy grail would be "Come to the Big Showdown" by the Score Productions Band.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the ticket plug for BL is the same as the main theme of CC, so the winner of this cassette would be getting three different opening themes. [/quote]
I think that particular cue for BL was a different arrangement, but similar melody than the CC theme.  You could compare both at 80s Theme Supersite.

Skynet74

Score Cassette Part 2
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 02:27:06 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnyd1788\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 04:16 PM\']
2. All I know is that the seller is a member here. As for these newer items being sold, I am not sure if it is the same guy as before.

[/quote]

Yeah...... Same guy. I heard he's got more where this came from. ;-)

John

Matt Ottinger

Score Cassette Part 2
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 02:54:25 PM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 03:32 PM\'] This time, we KNOW what's on the tape...I'd just like to see how this affects the final price, as Matt brought up. [/quote]
 John's actually created quite the fascinating social experiment.  It's entirely possible that a *known* quantity in this case will actually sell for *less*.  Since music collectors already know that they have these cuts in their private collections, they may be less interested in owning a cassette tape with a label on it.  With the first one, there was the tantalizing possibility that this was a theme that they didn't have, as unlikely as that might be.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Skynet74

Score Cassette Part 2
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 03:18:54 PM »
Fascinating experiment indeed. My last tape had a high bid of about $15 up until the last hour of the auction when insanity broke loose. I'll be interested in seeing if the same thing happens this time. Right now my Press Your Luck tape has more action than the TPIR Body Language tape. I kind of expect that to change. I think there is a lot more interest in TPIR than Press Your Luck... although this Press Your Luck tape does have three tracks on it and comes with a nice liner jacket. So we'll see what happens.

John