Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ken's Top 10 List  (Read 3444 times)

cyberjoek

Ken's Top 10 List
« on: July 13, 2004, 05:27:14 AM »
From Dave's home office in Wazoo, Nebraska:

Top Ten Ways To Irritate Alex Trebek

10. "Ask him on air, "So who did your botox?"

9. "Instead of responding, get his attention by throwing nickels at his head"

8. "Buzz in without using your hands"

7. "Give Courtney Love directions to his house"

6. "Whenever he says the word "potpourri, " you mumble, "woman"

5. "Tell him he's no wink martindale"

4. "Remind him that although he's a naturalized citizen, he'll always be a product of the evil Canadian empire"

3. "Complain that he's not nearly as Trebek-y in person"

2. "Your only response: "Who gives a rat's ass?"

1. "Insist on buying a vowel"

Enjoy,
Joe Kavanagh

Red

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 06:50:05 AM »
lol! Thanks for posting the list, I was curious since I missed the show.
-Paul Ford

RedGiant@toonzone.net

rigsby

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 09:48:58 AM »
[quote name=\'cyberjoek\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 04:27 AM\'] 5. "Tell him he's no wink martindale" [/quote]
 I liked Dave's comment:  "But then, who is?"

BTW, it's Wahoo, not Wazoo.  :)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 10:23:34 AM »
[quote name=\'cyberjoek\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 04:27 AM\'] From Dave's home office in Wazoo, Nebraska:

Top Ten Ways To Irritate Alex Trebek

10. "Ask him on air, "So who did your botox?"

9. "Instead of responding, get his attention by throwing nickels at his head"

8. "Buzz in without using your hands"

7. "Give Courtney Love directions to his house"

6. "Whenever he says the word "potpourri, " you mumble, "woman"

5. "Tell him he's no wink martindale"

4. "Remind him that although he's a naturalized citizen, he'll always be a product of the evil Canadian empire"

3. "Complain that he's not nearly as Trebek-y in person"

2. "Your only response: "Who gives a rat's ass?"

1. "Insist on buying a vowel"

Enjoy,
Joe Kavanagh [/quote]
 Hopefully he's still lurking here from time to time, so on the off chance that he is let me say "Job well done!" on delivering the list.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Particleman

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 01:12:39 PM »
[quote name=\'cyberjoek\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 04:27 AM\'] 8. "Buzz in without using your hands" [/quote]
 I'm afraid to know what body part he will use to accomplish this.

GS Warehouse

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 02:58:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 01:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'cyberjoek\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 04:27 AM\'] 8. "Buzz in without using your hands" [/quote]
I'm afraid to know what body part he will use to accomplish this. [/quote]
 If it's the body part I think he'd use, Alex won't be the only one irritated!  ROFL

Jumpondees

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 05:18:13 PM »
If any didn't get to see this last night (Or hear it for those who have radio stations that air Dave's "Top Ten" on their local airwaves)...

I got to say that it was abosolutely hilarious...I mean, yeah, he's reading cue cards, but his read of them was so comical that you couldn't help buy laugh hard on a few of them.  Especially the one about "Whenever he says the word "potpourri, " you mumble, "woman"... Just the way he said "woman" was LMAO funny.

I hope Ken does finish this season's run of eps as champ, just so Alex can take a shot at him when next season starts off in September.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 05:36:26 PM »
I hope Ken never leaves Jeopardy!

LostCluster

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 05:36:43 PM »
Ken's doing quite a bit of press the last couple days, most likely timed because unless today is a low-scoring affair he's expected to break the million mark in today's episode.

At this point, he seems to have adapted well to being on TV. Hmm... maybe he should be pitched a remake of Ben Stien's Money.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 05:44:05 PM »
Maybe they could have him on as a Series Regular, or something.  I remember a contestant from the second half of "The Challengers" run made a joke along those lines.  He was on for seven shows, and for the life of him couldn't nail down the final "Ultimate Challenge" question.

"Win Ken Jennings' Money"?

Nahhh...

-Travis
Travis L. Eberle

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 06:21:30 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 02:44 PM\'] Maybe they could have him on as a Series Regular, or something.  I remember a contestant from the second half of "The Challengers" run made a joke along those lines.  He was on for seven shows, and for the life of him couldn't nail down the final "Ultimate Challenge" question.

"Win Ken Jennings' Money"?

Nahhh... [/quote]
 I think you just gave Bob Boden his next show idea :-D

GS Warehouse

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 07:41:32 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 05:36 PM\'] I hope Ken never leaves Jeopardy! [/quote]
 The newest member of the Clue Crew, perhaps?

DrJWJustice

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2004, 07:46:10 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 01:58 PM\'] [quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 01:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'cyberjoek\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 04:27 AM\'] 8. "Buzz in without using your hands" [/quote]
If it's the body part I think he'd use, Alex won't be the only one irritated!  ROFL [/quote]
 This reminds me:  I was really surprised when he used the word "ass" on the air without hesitation.  Mormons generally refrain from saying anything that even resembles foul language.

rmfromfla

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2004, 08:51:53 PM »
Would that "Challengers" contestant have been Kurt Weldon?
                                                                ($36,400 +)

uncamark

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2004, 04:03:26 PM »
[quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 06:46 PM\'][quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 01:58 PM\'] [quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 01:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'cyberjoek\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 04:27 AM\'] 8. "Buzz in without using your hands" [/quote]
If it's the body part I think he'd use, Alex won't be the only one irritated!  ROFL [/quote]
This reminds me:  I was really surprised when he used the word "ass" on the air without hesitation.  Mormons generally refrain from saying anything that even resembles foul language.[/quote]
The fact that he includes on his favorite movie lists a lot of films that would make Southern Baptists blanch would indicate that Ken isn't *that* prudish.  You can still abstain from booze and tithe to the church and say the occasional "ass" as posterior.