Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fun House pilots questions...  (Read 1678 times)

dazztardly

Fun House pilots questions...
« on: July 14, 2004, 05:46:57 AM »
I was wondering for those of you who saw the pilots, could anyone tell me how they were different from the series? I also remember seing a picture on Francini's website many moons ago of a podium showing $25,000. Anyone know the story about that either?

-Dan

vtown7

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 07:07:35 AM »
AFAIK, they stuck the tags into the podium and the screen would flash "POWER PRIZE" if yes, Tiny's face would appear in the middle if no.  This is from memory from a post somewhere - I haven't seen the pilots.

I remember that in early episodes they gave bonus points to the losers of a stunt according to how well they did (ie. five balloons popped = 5 points).  I presume that this was done in order to avoid a tie.  This was the rule with the UK version, at least.

And I'm right in thinking that the pilots aren't on the circuit, right?

Cheers,

Ryan :)
(who suspects he should update his FH page one of these days...)

Frank15

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 09:04:53 AM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Jul 14 2004, 06:07 AM\'] AFAIK, they stuck the tags into the podium and the screen would flash "POWER PRIZE" if yes, Tiny's face would appear in the middle if no.  This is from memory from a post somewhere - I haven't seen the pilots. [/quote]
 I'd have never guessed what that "Tiny's face," as you call it, was meant to be.  I'd just been calling it the asterisk thing for years and years ;).

TraderRob

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 05:54:40 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Jul 14 2004, 06:07 AM\'] And I'm right in thinking that the pilots aren't on the circuit, right?

[/quote]
 One of the pilots was aired once or twice during the first season so it's entirely possible someone taped it and it's out there somewhere.  

Remembering back, I found it odd that they'd air a pilot in the middle of the season, especially one with rules that varied from the game everyone was familiar with.   The one thing I can remember from the pilot was that JD entered the set on his skateboard and introduced himself before introducing the twins and contestants.

Rob

HairMetalLives

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 06:02:30 PM »
[quote name=\'TraderRob\' date=\'Jul 14 2004, 02:54 PM\'] The one thing I can remember from the pilot was that JD entered the set on his skateboard and introduced himself before introducing the twins and contestants.

Rob [/quote]
 He did that on the premiere, as well.