Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune syndie season 22 premiere  (Read 7115 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Wheel of Fortune syndie season 22 premiere
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2004, 12:30:06 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 10:50 AM\'] You forget the contestant interviews.

I happen to remember one show where I'm guessing that Jack Clark was running off to the men's room and  Pat said, "Jack, can you get the crowd to do some more of that oohing and aahing?"  Fortunately, whoever was running Mother McKenzie bailed Jack out there (although I wonder if Jack even bothered rehearsing the crowd in oohs and aahs, since he knew it wasn't really necessary). [/quote]
 Even so, more often than not the laugh track wouldn't be used during the contestant interviews unless something really uproarious happened (instead leaving it to the live mikes picking up giggles out of the crew or the real audience).

There was one moment that I do recall (this was a syndie ep) where a male contestant decided he wanted to do what Vanna did (referring to the modeling, not the letter turning).  So sure enough, they let him join Vanna on stage as Jack Clark announced the prize--and the McKenzie op gave it the proper "ooh" and "aah", along with some of its laugh track (as he waved his arm wildly).  The sequence was quite humorous.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2004, 01:24:35 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 11:19 AM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 11:15 AM\'] Was that really a new pop machine? [/quote]
Could someone tell me what this "soda machine" thing is?  Dave Z. tried explaining it to me last night but to no avail.  I took a look at the show Cleveland got last night (Cleveland didn't get the season premiere, probably Wednesday's or Thursday's episode with a University of Akron student) and couldn't find anything resembling a soda machine.  Did Coca-Cola repurchase Wheel? :-)

Any help is appreciated. [/quote]
 It's not by chance the Skybox by Maytag, is it?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2004, 02:01:31 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 12:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 11:15 AM\'] Was that really a new pop machine? [/quote]
Could someone tell me what this "soda machine" thing is?  Dave Z. tried explaining it to me last night but to no avail.  I took a look at the show Cleveland got last night (Cleveland didn't get the season premiere, probably Wednesday's or Thursday's episode with a University of Akron student) and couldn't find anything resembling a soda machine.  Did Coca-Cola repurchase Wheel? :-)

Any help is appreciated. [/quote]
 It's this goofy-looking, totally pointless video screen thingy that they've stuck off to the right of the contestant backdrop.  I can't imagine it'll even be on camera outside of the opening.  Lord only knows why they decided to stick it there -- even by Wheel of Fortune standards, it's completely useless.

Unrealtor

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2004, 05:12:43 PM »
The "final spin" graphic wouldn't be quite as bad if it were about a second and a half shorter and superimposed over the existing spin rather than on a black background. I figure that would provide more than enough visual noise to cover any edit necessary.

It's good to see that the bonus wheel has entered the same visual era as the rest of the show, but using all 1.5 million colors at once is a bit much. Speaking of which, was it just me, or did we not see about 1,499,998 of those colors after the end of the Phoenix trip? It seemed like it was the same sky blue and purple every week after that. (And, before anyone points this out, I am aware of the green on the puzzle reveal and white on the solve, but they're accents.)
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2004, 01:54:49 PM »
Those changes were pretty neat. And I agree, the FINAL SPIN graphic isn't necessary.

I can tell it's the final spin by one of two things:

1. Bell

2. One Bankrupt space on the wheel, and the wheel being prize-wedge and gift tag free before Round 4 even begins.

And I sorta like that soda machine. Pretty neat, and the totally colorful lighting in the bonus wheel is even more neat!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 04:51:15 PM by gameshowguy2000 »

SamJ93

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2004, 03:53:14 PM »
Watched the season premiere of Wheel on Monday just to see the changes they've made, then went right on back to completely ignoring it.

Is it just me or does the game seem even MORE rushed now than ever before?  Contestants calling out their letters before Pat can even announce the dollar amount, spinning the wheel before Vanna is done lighting up the letters, etc.--not the best places to try and save time, IMO.  They did get at least a few spins into Round 4 before declaring speed-up, but if they really want to save time they should just drop the extraneous toss-up at the beginning and the Jackpot Round.

If this keeps up, I dunno how much longer the show will stick around.  Then again, I don't watch it anyway, so why am I complaining?

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2004, 02:03:07 AM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 02:53 PM\']Is it just me or does the game seem even MORE rushed now than ever before?  Contestants calling out their letters before Pat can even announce the dollar amount, spinning the wheel before Vanna is done lighting up the letters, etc.--not the best places to try and save time, IMO.[/quote]
I believe you are attributing to time-conscious producers something that can more easily be attributed to Wheel of Fortune contestants with no manners.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin