Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ken Makes Google News's Front Page!  (Read 1345 times)

cyberjoek

Ken Makes Google News's Front Page!
« on: July 14, 2004, 04:18:40 PM »
Here are all the Ken articles from Google News:
http://news.google.com/news?num=30&hl=en&e...%2ftv%2f2674633
-Joe Kavanagh

uncamark

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 04:34:29 PM »
[quote name=\'cyberjoek\' date=\'Jul 14 2004, 03:18 PM\']Here are all the Ken articles from Google News:
http://news.google.com/news?num=30&hl=en&e...%2ftv%2f2674633
-Joe Kavanagh[/quote]
And among them is this interesting proposal from the editorial board of the Christian Science Monitor.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 05:48:50 AM »
If Ken's run on J! might spark intrest in (dare I say it) literature, then that would make sense, but as far as this question goes:

Will Ken's next role be a poster boy for literature?  Hard to say but give him credir where credit's due.

inturnaround

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 08:12:00 AM »
I didn't want to start a new "Hey, Look another Ken Jennings article!" thread, so I'm gonna put this one here.

The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Jeopardy! is up drastically since Ken began his winning streak. In fact, it tied perennial syndie winner "Wheel of Fortune" for the first time this season for the week ending July 4th.  Here's an excerpt:

"The veteran quiz show has seen its ratings skyrocket since Jennings' first appearance on June 2. On Tuesday, the episode that saw Jennings pass the $1 million mark delivered an 11.1 rating/21 share in Nielsen Media Research's top 56 "metered" markets.

That rating is up 25% over the 8.9/17 average that "Jeopardy!" posted in the metered markets during the week of June 28, when Jennings was already well into his winning streak. It's also up 41% from the 7.9 average household rating the show logged on a national basis for the week ending July 4, the most recent week for which national figures are available. With that 7.9 rating, the show was up 5% week-to-week and up 36% compared with the same period a year ago. "

For the rest, follow the link above.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 11:14:09 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 04:48 AM\'] If Ken's run on J! might spark intrest in (dare I say it) literature, then that would make sense, but as far as this question goes:

Will Ken's next role be a poster boy for literature?  Hard to say but give him credir where credit's due. [/quote]
 Just because you know jack about literature doesn't make Ken an expert.  It just makes  you clueless.

Brandon Brooks