Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ken's Top 10 List  (Read 3443 times)

gameshowguy2000

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2004, 07:03:44 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 06:41 PM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 05:36 PM\'] I hope Ken never leaves Jeopardy! [/quote]
The newest member of the Clue Crew, perhaps? [/quote]
 That's a good idea. I'd been pondering about this for quite sometime, and I do think it'd be nice for him to be the next Clue Crew member.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2004, 09:45:47 PM »
If I won a dump truck full of money on Jeopardy!, the very first thing I would do is hire an elite cabal to capture each member of the Clue Crew, tie each of them to a chair, and make them watch each of their wretched appearances on the show.

Failing that, I'd buy out their contracts and make sure they never appear in front of a camera again.

-Travis
Travis L. Eberle

Craig Karlberg

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2004, 05:03:15 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Jul 14 2004, 08:45 PM\'] If I won a dump truck full of money on Jeopardy!, the very first thing I would do is hire an elite cabal to capture each member of the Clue Crew, tie each of them to a chair, and make them watch each of their wretched appearances on the show.

Failing that, I'd buy out their contracts and make sure they never appear in front of a camera again.

-Travis [/quote]
That sounds rather harsh there Travis.

Ken would make an excellent Clue Crew member.  Problem is, he may have to decide whether to quit his regular job as a software engineer & apply for that gig or stay right where he is & ask for a MAJOR promotion where he works.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2004, 08:35:23 AM »
Is it really, Craig?  I'll presume you've seen the 'work' the CC does, just so I can make my argument.

The ONLY person that should be delivering clues on Jeopardy is Alex Trebek.  I can put up with Jeff Probst doing his taped bits from wherever Survivor was taping because Jeff doesn't completely suck when he's in front of the camera.  I cannot stand the Clue Crew.  At the very least, I don't want them taking away gameplay time because we have to cut to a video of whatever is going on.  I did not say I wanted them bumped off, or anything close.  Architects should live in the buildings they design, and the Crew should see every clue that they give, just so they know what we're putting up with.

Regarding what I'd do with my J! winnings, I also presume you know of a literary device called exaggeration.  Oh wait, you don't like Literature.  Oops.
Travis L. Eberle

sshuffield70

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2004, 09:40:31 AM »
Well, we know why Jeff doesn't suck.  At least he had lots of practice before the "Survivor" gig.

As the for the rest of the CC, I really don't see the point of them doing it.

uncamark

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2004, 12:55:37 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 08:40 AM\']Well, we know why Jeff doesn't suck.  At least he had lots of practice before the "Survivor" gig.

As the for the rest of the CC, I really don't see the point of them doing it.[/quote]
It's a cosmetic change to provide a visual change of pace from all of the blue-background Chyron pages.  They personally don't bother me--and after the contestants look at the offstage monitor to see what the visual is, they're back reading the clue on the board (the clue is there during the clip, with "Video Clue" written above it in upper-and-lower case tinted italics).  They could miss a close-up in the clip, but they do that on the clips Trebek voice-overs.  The only possible hindrance is not knowing the CC's delivery as well as Trebek's to know to prepare to buzz in (since it's been established by others that most contestants only look at the lights on the side of the board on audio clues).

And the CC doesn't really slow down the pacing--Jennings has cleared the board almost every time, anyway.  :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2004, 01:02:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 02:03 AM\'] That sounds rather harsh there Travis.
 [/quote]
 Travis was right on the money. The Clue Crew sucks and should be destroyed.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gameshowguy2000

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2004, 01:25:47 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 08:40 AM\'] Well, we know why Jeff doesn't suck.  At least he had lots of practice before the "Survivor" gig.

As the for the rest of the CC, I really don't see the point of them doing it. [/quote]
 The point of the Clue Crew is obvious: Alex can't be everywhere!

Read this PR to find out why: http://www.kingworld.com/pr-jeopardy-cluecrew.htm

As for Jeff's gig, well, he presents the clues in fine fashion, the same way he did for Rock and Roll Jeopardy.

MikeK

• Martha!
Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2004, 01:41:07 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 01:25 PM\'] The point of the Clue Crew is obvious: Alex can't be everywhere! [/quote]
 What's that supposed to mean?  The show survived for 17 years with Trebek reading answers and only the occasional video daily double.

MCArroyo1

Ken's Top 10 List
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2004, 04:14:44 PM »
So?  The show very well could survive another 17+ years with the Clue Crew.  I think it adds a little variety to a sometimes monotonous program...