Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WOF on GSN  (Read 2314 times)

bellbm

WOF on GSN
« on: July 16, 2004, 06:18:05 PM »
Well, yesterday was the end of the 88-89 season, and today, we are treated to...

The beginning of the 88-89 season.  What is this, the 3rd or 4th time they have run this season?

Come on GSN, get something else!!  Put the Joker's Wild back on, or something!!

adamjk

WOF on GSN
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 06:25:12 PM »
Hey, don't complain, it's better then not having Wheel on at all on GSN. Besides, it's on every night in syndication. And lest you forget, they have shown a variety of seasons in the past. As far as my views on this, it doesn't really bother me. I've never seen these episodes anyway, and this gives me a chance to tape the episodes I don't have up to when I started taping the weekend run, which is the infamous canadian murder episode.

Brandon Brooks

WOF on GSN
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 06:26:56 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 16 2004, 05:25 PM\'] Hey, don't complain, it's better then not having Wheel on at all on GSN. Besides, it's on every night in syndication. And lest you forget, they have shown a variety of seasons in the past. As far as my views on this, it doesn't really bother me. I've never seen these episodes anyway, and this gives me a chance to tape the episodes I don't have up to when I started taping the weekend run, which is the infamous canadian murder episode. [/quote]
 Great for you, but frankly, rerunning a season of WOF as nauseum when there are 20 to choose from is downright annoying.

(I don't need a lesson on why they do this.)

Brandon Brooks

Don Howard

WOF on GSN
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 06:39:35 PM »
Hey, don't complain, it's better then not having Wheel on at all on GSN.

How so? I'd rather see The Diamond Head Game in that time period. At least there'd be an excuse for running the same year of the show over and over again because that's all there is.

Besides, it's on every night in syndication.

Which justifies showing the sixth syndicated season ad summa nauseum, how?

And lest you forget, they have shown a variety of seasons in the past.

How could I forget? They're not doing a lot of things these days that they've done in the past and it is driving lesser men to drink.

As far as my views on this, it doesn't really bother me.

Well, thank God for that. We've been worried.

I've never seen these episodes anyway, and this gives me a chance to tape the episodes I don't have up to when I started taping the weekend run

As long as it enhances your tape collection of a single season's run of episodes out of a possible 7000+ telecasts, at least it's making one person happy.

which is the infamous canadian murder episode

Ah, yes, that one's always cracked me up. Can't wait to see it for the 25th time.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2004, 06:41:02 PM by Don Howard »

adamjk

WOF on GSN
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 06:52:59 PM »

You can still see new episodes even if GSN isn't gonna air a different year.

HairMetalLives

WOF on GSN
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 08:32:11 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 17 2004, 03:52 PM\'] You can still see new episodes even if GSN isn't gonna air a different year. [/quote]
 So what? New episodes of "Wheel" do not make up for the fact that GSN chooses to air the same season beyond death. The new episodes are a lot different that the older seasons, and the changes (in my opinion) have not been for the better, for the most part.

Brandon Brooks

WOF on GSN
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 08:37:44 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 17 2004, 05:52 PM\'] You can still see new episodes even if GSN isn't gonna air a different year. [/quote]
 You're losing.  Give it up.

Brandon Brooks

Timsterino

WOF on GSN
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 08:49:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jul 16 2004, 06:26 PM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 16 2004, 05:25 PM\'] Hey, don't complain, it's better then not having Wheel on at all on GSN. Besides, it's on every night in syndication. And lest you forget, they have shown a variety of seasons in the past. As far as my views on this, it doesn't really bother me. I've never seen these episodes anyway, and this gives me a chance to tape the episodes I don't have up to when I started taping the weekend run, which is the infamous canadian murder episode. [/quote]
Great for you, but frankly, rerunning a season of WOF as nauseum when there are 20 to choose from is downright annoying.

(I don't need a lesson on why they do this.)

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 I completely agree.

Tim :-)

Don Howard

WOF on GSN
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 09:50:23 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 17 2004, 05:52 PM\']

You can still see new episodes even if GSN isn't gonna air a different year. [/quote]
To quote Ted Koppel, "That's an interesting point, sir, but it doesn't answer the question".
« Last Edit: July 17, 2004, 09:50:44 PM by Don Howard »