Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: On the Cover, Balderdash  (Read 2030 times)

brianhenke

On the Cover, Balderdash
« on: July 07, 2004, 01:02:32 AM »
The debut of the revamped On the Cover and the premiere of Balderdash were supposed to be on Pax tonight...but their schedule said

8:00-9:00 America's Funniest Home Videos

They are not scheduled to be on throughout July.  Gee, Pax, you're losing what audience you still have.

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

tvrandywest

On the Cover, Balderdash
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 01:46:16 AM »
Both shows are in production with a bunch of episodes in their respective cans. OTC is taping at Glendale Studios on the stage where Trivial Pursuit taped, and Baldedash is at Tribune stage 9, one of the former homes of Love Connection, Supermarket Sweep, Couch Potatoes and zillion others.  I believe PAX has scheduled their debuts for the end of July / early August.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

BrandonFG

On the Cover, Balderdash
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 02:19:54 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Jul 7 2004, 12:02 AM\'] The debut of the revamped On the Cover and the premiere of Balderdash were supposed to be on Pax tonight...but their schedule said

8:00-9:00 America's Funniest Home Videos

They are not scheduled to be on throughout July.  Gee, Pax, you're losing what audience you still have.
 [/quote]
 I read July 12. Besides, Why would a show debut on a Tuesday?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

bwood

On the Cover, Balderdash
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 02:58:04 AM »
Over at the ol' PAX website, it says that Balderdash begins on August 2nd, so I assume On The Cover will have the same (re)premiere date.

WhammyPower

On the Cover, Balderdash
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 01:57:31 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' date=\'Jul 7 2004, 12:58 AM\'] Over at the ol' PAX website, it says that Balderdash begins on August 2nd, so I assume On The Cover will have the same (re)premiere date. [/quote]
 Nope, Just Balderdash starts on the 2nd (See here)

On the Cover premieres on the 9th

uncamark

On the Cover, Balderdash
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 03:59:46 PM »
And "Balderdash" starts taping Friday at KTLA/Tribune--they will have a real studio audience for this one and Audiences Unlimited is handling the ticketing--Here's their info page.  (The Friday tapings are either closed or filled.)

Between Bruce Vilanch and Loni Love on the Friday taping panel, they may have to use a wide-angle lens for the three-shot.  :)

Hope they give bonus pay for contestants on Charo's taping day.

And I know that Fern and Robert are booking contestants--does anyone know if there are any other "H2" staffers on "Balderdash" (I would almost bet that the panel bookers are the same)?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
On the Cover, Balderdash
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 04:48:03 PM »
From the PAX web site:

"Balderdash" ... showcases three celebrity comedians who present two contestants with a series of hilarious bluff answers to a variety of questions from the game’s various categories including Words, Movies, People, Famous acronyms and Looney Laws. The contestant who can tell the truth from balderdash, will be awarded points toward a chance to win great trips and fabulous prizes.
It's Hollywood Squares with 1/3 the celebrity budget.

bricon

On the Cover, Balderdash
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 08:22:05 PM »
And "Balderdash" starts taping Friday at KTLA/Tribune--they will have a real studio audience for this one and Audiences Unlimited is handling the ticketing

Taping actually started in early June.  Going into Friday's taping 40 shows have been completed.

And I know that Fern and Robert are booking contestants--does anyone know if there are any other "H2" staffers on "Balderdash" (I would almost bet that the panel bookers are the same)?

By my count there are 13 people from H2 on staff and/or crew, and our director, Bob Loudin, directed the John Davidson version of Squares.  Yes, the talent department is the same as from H2.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 08:25:39 PM by bricon »

tvmitch

On the Cover, Balderdash
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 08:45:03 PM »
Sounds like Wordplay to me...without the words. I don't get PAX. I get The Health Channel and Hallmark, but not PAX.
You should follow me on Twitter