Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Starcade" credits font  (Read 1522 times)

PeterMarshallFan

"Starcade" credits font
« on: July 21, 2004, 05:03:06 PM »
Does anyone know the name of/where I can get the font used in the Starcade credits? I need it for a site I'm working on.

It's very similar if not identical to the font on the bottom of this license plate, where it says "North Carolina":

http://www.platehut.com/images/plates_unit...ght_mna6704.jpg
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 05:03:54 PM by PeterMarshallFan »

sshuffield70

"Starcade" credits font
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 05:26:20 PM »
Hmmmm.......I have 2500 fonts in my computer, and I'm not sure if I have this one.  I know it's pretty standard since TBS used it for its' old WCW show.

Gromit

"Starcade" credits font
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 06:24:03 PM »
Try what the font. Lets you upload a sample and analyses it.
http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
"Starcade" credits font
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 07:41:31 PM »
I have a similar font on my computer called Madison Avenue. It's not as bold, however.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

PeterMarshallFan

"Starcade" credits font
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 10:01:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 07:41 PM\'] I have a similar font on my computer called Madison Avenue. It's not as bold, however. [/quote]
 Ah, that's it! Make it bold and you've pretty much got the font.

Thanks!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
"Starcade" credits font
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 10:26:57 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 09:01 PM\'] [quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 07:41 PM\'] I have a similar font on my computer called Madison Avenue. It's not as bold, however. [/quote]
Ah, that's it! Make it bold and you've pretty much got the font.

Thanks! [/quote]
 I believe the actual font name is Advertising Gothic.

Here's a sample from the Infinitype website.  It's a little bolder than the font on the license plate, but looks like it a little more than the more commonly available light version (which I saw on Fonts.com as "Advertising Gothic Light").

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)