Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: J! dethrones Wheel in ratings  (Read 1792 times)

tmq800

J! dethrones Wheel in ratings
« on: July 21, 2004, 01:08:24 AM »
Well Ken Jennings & Alex Trebek are very happy now, and Pat and Vanna couldn't wait to see this happen:

Jeopardy! dethroned Wheel of Fortune as the top-rated game show last week according to Nielsen ratings for the week ending July 11.

http://www.tvgameshows.net

(Reprinted content deleted, link substituted)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 02:31:03 PM by dzinkin »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 03:12:14 AM »
(reprinted material deleted)

How nice of you to copy it from the Professor's site.  This "plagerism" crap seems to be getting old, fast, IMO.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 02:34:16 PM by dzinkin »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 04:39:22 AM »
I guess I underestimated my ratings predictions a bit there, but still J! is definiteky a fan favoritte thanks to Ken's amazing run.

Not only is J! gaining more viewers, but WOF is getting a residual effect & practically feeding off of those numbers from its sister show.  No wonder the advertisers suddenly decided to bump up the ad rates for (actually) both shows.

BTW, J! will continue to rule the roost for the week of July 12-18 as well as the week of July 18-25 before they start tabulating its rerun numbers,

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 12:58:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 04:39 AM\'] I guess I underestimated my ratings predictions a bit there, but still J! is definiteky a fan favoritte thanks to Ken's amazing run.

Not only is J! gaining more viewers, but WOF is getting a residual effect & practically feeding off of those numbers from its sister show.  No wonder the advertisers suddenly decided to bump up the ad rates for (actually) both shows.

BTW, J! will continue to rule the roost for the week of July 12-18 as well as the week of July 18-25 before they start tabulating its rerun numbers, [/quote]
 Thank you for that thoughtful analysis.  *rolls eyes*

Just out of curiosity, has J! ever beaten Wheel before?

bandit_bobby

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 01:09:08 PM »
I believe they have, but not that often.

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »
I always thought that Jeopardy was second-to-Wheel since its 1984 debut until the Jennings era.

However, we must keep in mind that Wheel is currently in reruns. When both Wheel and Jeopardy return to first run mode, I think that the ratings will be neck and neck.

Stay tuned this fall.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

Don Howard

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 02:26:04 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 12:10 PM\'] However, we must keep in mind that Wheel is currently in reruns. When both Wheel and Jeopardy return to first run mode, I think that the ratings will be neck and neck.

[/quote]
 Well sure. How could Ken Jennings hope to compete with 1.5 million colors of light?

Jumpondees

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 05:33:16 PM »
Okay...call me crazy, call me nuts, but just call me...

Here's my prediction....Parts of this streak will be submitted to "The Academy" for consideration for the next Daytime Emmys...and when J! wins for Outstanding Game/Audience Participation series (or whatever they call it now), and you know they will;  Good ol' Ken will be the one picking up the Emmy, giving us a good laugh...And Alex for dramatic effect, should try to wrestle the golden statue away from Ken....

And if you believe that, you are as nuts as I am :-)