Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Studio 33  (Read 2380 times)

jrjgames

Studio 33
« on: July 19, 2004, 12:59:06 AM »
Just got this clip in and if anyone is interested in what the infamous Bob Barker Studio, Studio 33 looked like...take a peek and enjoy this clip from the past!

John

http://www.jrjgames.com/main/promos/video.htm

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Studio 33
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 01:03:24 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Jul 18 2004, 11:59 PM\'] Just got this clip in and if anyone is interested in what the infamous Bob Barker Studio, Studio 33 looked like...take a peek and enjoy this clip from the past!

John

http://www.jrjgames.com/main/promos/video.htm [/quote]
 For some strange reason, the link didn't show up.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Brandon Brooks

Studio 33
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 01:30:07 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jul 19 2004, 12:03 PM\'] For some strange reason, the link didn't show up. [/quote]
 It's the last item at the bottom of the page called "The Carol Burnett Show."

Brandon Brooks

J.R.

Studio 33
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 09:20:40 PM »
Very interesting, but I am curious: When did they switch to red seats from blue ?

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
Studio 33
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 09:25:57 PM »
Very interesting, but I am curious: When did they switch to red seats from blue ?
Around 1984 or 1985.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 09:27:29 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Studio 33
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 10:00:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jul 19 2004, 12:30 PM\'] [quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jul 19 2004, 12:03 PM\'] For some strange reason, the link didn't show up. [/quote]

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 Now this is funny.  On my office computer, the link to John's site is invisible, while the link was clearly visible on my home computer (where I was succesfully able to click and view--good stuff on that page, John, BTW).  What's wrong with this picture?

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

cmjb13

Studio 33
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 11:24:34 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jul 20 2004, 10:00 AM\'] [quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jul 19 2004, 12:30 PM\'] [quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jul 19 2004, 12:03 PM\'] For some strange reason, the link didn't show up. [/quote]

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
Now this is funny.  On my office computer, the link to John's site is invisible, while the link was clearly visible on my home computer (where I was succesfully able to click and view--good stuff on that page, John, BTW).  What's wrong with this picture?

Doug [/quote]
 Clear your temp internet files?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

Studio 33
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 03:23:32 PM »
What you see in the clip had become a season-ending tradition at "The Carol Burnett Show"--Carol's charwoman character would see everyone--including Vicki, Harvey and Tim--leave for the summer, she'd do a few sight gags and then she'd sit down on her bucket and sing in full the "I'm So Glad We Had This Time Together" theme.  With 33 dark and empty, she'd then leave the stage, walk down the aisle (seems to me that there was a bald technician sleeping in the back row--she'd pat his head) and leave as the credits rolled for the last time of the season.

Something we don't see in the "Friends" repeat packages, along with all other non-comedic musical numbers.

Argo

Studio 33
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 01:16:32 AM »
Its weird how the music is just the same theme they used for the other ending with the animated charwoman. In this clip, there are a few abrupt edits which took out the animated noises and things. I wonder why they just didnt record one theme without the animated sound effects and one with, so they could use in cases like that. I have never seen a TRUE Carol Burnett SHow, only the syndicated "Friends" package, so i dont know how the closing of that went, but it seems by the theme having to be chopped and edited, the same closing for the syndi package was used for the actual show.

Argo

Studio 33
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2004, 01:21:00 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Jul 19 2004, 08:20 PM\'] Very interesting, but I am curious: When did they switch to red seats from blue ?

-Joe R. [/quote]
Even before they were blue, they were a somewhat medium gray colour. They were either the same as the blue only before they were blue, or a different seat which was the same as the blue ones. This must have been late 60s. I saw a few clips of them from the recent Carol Burnett special. One clip of them was when the lady asked where the bathroom was.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 01:21:40 AM by Argo »

Jimmy Owen

Studio 33
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2004, 05:27:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 12:21 AM\'] One clip of them was when the lady asked where the bathroom was. [/quote]
 Patricia Bernard would know :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

cmjb13

Studio 33
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2004, 08:52:05 AM »
One thing I did notice is that when Carol walked up the aisle there were 2 doors (1 where the audience enters from below) and a 2nd which is currently where Price contestants sign paperwork after the show (currently there is a CBS curtain there, not a door).
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

Studio 33
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2004, 03:55:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 12:16 AM\']Its weird how the music is just the same theme they used for the other ending with the animated charwoman. In this clip, there are a few abrupt edits which took out the animated noises and things. I wonder why they just didnt record one theme without the animated sound effects and one with, so they could use in cases like that. I have never seen a TRUE Carol Burnett SHow, only the syndicated "Friends" package, so i dont know how the closing of that went, but it seems by the theme having to be chopped and edited, the same closing for the syndi package was used for the actual show.[/quote]
The credits on the Burnett show went this way:

Carol's on stage with the regulars and guests in the costumes they wore for the last sketch, with an autograph book under her arm.  She wraps up the show and sings the first verse of "I'm So Glad We Had This Time Together," tugs her ear and then as the credits roll, the audience applauds and the band plays the theme, she gets the guests' autographs in her book.  When she's done with that, everyone sways back and forth in time to the music until the end of the credits, when the dancers run on stage behind the cast as the camera pulls back and everyone waves good-night while "The Carol Burnett Show" title is supered.  The only other audio is either Lyle Waggoner or Ernie Anderson doing the "also appearing tonight were..." credit and, if necessary, "portions of the preceding program were previously recorded" (i.e. at least one musical number was lip-synched).  About the time Lyle left and Ernie took over, they added an "recorded before a live audience" announcement and Ernie continued the gag from the "Tim Conway Comedy Hour" of identifying himself as just "this is your announcer speaking."

The animation only appeared in the titles and perhaps at the station break, but it was not the same as the "Friends" package titles.

ObGameShow:  Carol Burnett loves game shows.  Big time.