Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Format Pitch  (Read 5495 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Game Show Format Pitch
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2004, 01:57:29 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 04:48 AM\'] Virtually every "How to Succeed in Hollywood" book has some variation on the following:

If you ask your date what he does for a living, and he says "I have a show in development", don't accept a second date with him. [/quote]
 If your date says he/she is an actor, ask "At which restaurant?"

tvrandywest

Game Show Format Pitch
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2004, 02:51:46 PM »
I'm a producer. I'm producing business cards that say I'm a producer.

There's interest in a notion that I'm developing into a concept based on an idea I had that should be a project soon. I'm working with a big suit at a major studio and expect to have a green light for a development deal to gear-up for a pilot that should put me on the fast-track for a mid-season pick-up. Meanwhile, can I borrow $20?

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

ITSBRY

Game Show Format Pitch
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2004, 04:12:14 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 12:14 PM\']Actually, Matt, Chris and I have been pointing out for some time now that there is no rule against "stupid" posts.  Of course, once the Ignore User feature arrives, everyone can block "stupid" posts as he or she sees fit.[/quote]
True...there is not.  I roll my eyes at them sometimes too, but I don't feel it necessary to let everyone know that I did so (until now :-)).

There are tactful ways of behaving...that's all I'm saying.  There is no reason for anyone here to be nasty to anyone else.  If a poster is doing something inappropriate and they're called on it with half a dozen nasty remarks, what does that accomplish except cluttering the board with more crap?

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

GS Warehouse

Game Show Format Pitch
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2004, 08:38:42 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 02:51 PM\'] I'm a producer. I'm producing business cards that say I'm a producer. [/quote]
 I thought your experience in producing was tending to David Ruprecht's produce section.  [ducks]

BTW, the poster who started this thread has just won a tape of Free 4 All.

tvrandywest

Game Show Format Pitch
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2004, 09:02:47 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 04:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 02:51 PM\'] I'm a producer. I'm producing business cards that say I'm a producer. [/quote]
I thought your experience in producing was tending to David Ruprecht's produce section.  [ducks]

[/quote]
LOL. Love it.
Actually I only tell women I'm a producer in the hopes that we can rehearse reproducing.

BTW, the poster who started this thread has just won a tape of Free 4 All.
I'll have to ask Brian Conn at Balderdash if they finally got the stink out of that half of Tribune Stage 9.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 09:04:09 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

bricon

Game Show Format Pitch
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2004, 10:35:21 AM »
I'll have to ask Brian Conn at Balderdash if they finally got the stink out of that half of Tribune Stage 9.

Now it's just the occasional skunk under the building, unless we find some leftover rotting melons from Supermarket Sweep!