Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: J! ToC query  (Read 1375 times)

comicus

J! ToC query
« on: July 23, 2004, 07:59:05 PM »
Judging from Alex Trebek's comments at the close of today's program, it appears likely that there may not be a Tournament of Champions for this season.

Given Ken Jennings' thorough domination of the game this year, would it have even been feasible to conduct such a tournament in the traditional sense of the word?  If I'm wrong, and there is a tournament, does Ken play in this one?  Next year's?  Both, possibly?

On the same topic, do any of you think that any of the former J! champs from this past season would have stood a chance against the Jennings Juggernaut?

Robert Hutchinson

J! ToC query
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 08:28:11 PM »
[quote name=\'CountdownRound\' date=\'Jul 23 2004, 06:59 PM\']Judging from Alex Trebek's comments at the close of today's program, it appears likely that there may not be a Tournament of Champions for this season.[/quote]
I'm fairly certain it's already been taped.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

TV Favorites

J! ToC query
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 09:59:50 PM »
Unless they changed their minds, Alex has already mentioned at least twice on air that there would be a ToC for the next season.

JayC

J! ToC query
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 11:09:14 PM »
If they do have a ToC with Ken with it, I don't think it would be fair for Ken.  It would mean having him play in those games PLUS keep his reign as champ afterwards, and that could put a little fatigue on him, and could break up his momentum if he loses.