Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nickelodeon Game Shows  (Read 1605 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Nickelodeon Game Shows
« on: July 23, 2004, 02:01:30 PM »
Most of us are in agreement that the majority of Nick's gameshows well produced well...but the contestants were usually twits.  Which shows do you think managed to find the worst (or least intellegent) contestants? My votes have to go to Legends and Get the Picture.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

CarShark

Nickelodeon Game Shows
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 02:21:14 PM »
For me, it's Nick Arcade. The show had the most energetic host, but the dullest contestants. They never got excited about anything, even when they won the bonus round.

MikeK

• Martha!
Nickelodeon Game Shows
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 02:49:37 PM »
Get the Picture by far.  My sister still gets a laugh at how unintelligent most contestants on GtP are, and she's seen every show probably half a dozen times since we got Nick GAS 2 1/2 years ago.

One of my sister's best friends in college was a contestant during GtP's 2nd season.  She was a smart, great game player in all parts of GtP--questions, power surges, and in Mega Memory.  (Thank you, Nick GAS, for showing her episode ad nauseum.)  Her partner, OTOH, nearly cost her team the game and did cost the team a chance at winning Mega Memory, by answering both incorrectly and taking too long to answer.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Nickelodeon Game Shows
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 03:14:18 PM »
The show had the most energetic host, but the dullest contestants.

And all those kids who wagered more than they had in a Video Challenge.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Robair

Nickelodeon Game Shows
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 04:41:03 PM »
"Make the Grade" was a great game, but sometimes contestants got up there who didn't really understand why they couldn't have an 8th grade history question. And too many times the game screeched to a halt when nobody rung in, and then the host got to shuffle his feet and make some lame joke about the answer.

Not very many players understood the strategy of getting one in each subject and one in each grade level. Nor did they think trying to run one subject or grade level so it would be near impossible for another player to win ate up a lot of time.
--Robair