Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pilot Intros  (Read 2658 times)

jrjgames

Pilot Intros
« on: July 23, 2004, 08:33:43 PM »
Thought you might like these...

http://www.jrjgames.com/main/promos/video.htm

Scroll down!

John

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
Pilot Intros
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 08:54:46 PM »
Graham probably would have done better with either of these than with "Cram"..especially since it looks like that show's done with.

Otherwise, now we know why the GSN originals need audience sweetening.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

bwood

Pilot Intros
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 03:42:16 AM »
When were these taped? I always thought TriBond would make a good game show (if it was done right) and Pictionary was due for a return. Too bad they never made it. It kinda looks like Pictionary used some of the "Friend Or Foe" set (or FoF used the Pictionary set, whichever came first).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 03:45:10 AM by bwood »

joshg

Pilot Intros
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 03:53:34 AM »
I can do without another version of 'Pictionary', however TriBond would have been an interesting show, if done right. Is it getting to the point that producers are going down the aisle at Toys-R-Us and writing down the names of board games to make pilots out of...
(on cell phone) "Anybody make a 'Cranium' pilot yet? How about 'Operation'? 'Perfection'? 'Scrabble'?

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

Chelsea Thrasher

Pilot Intros
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 03:59:14 AM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 02:53 AM\'] 'Scrabble'? [/quote]
 Scrabble, a game show?  Ha! Next thing you'll be telling me is that that Woolery guy from Wheel should host it...

TimK2003

Pilot Intros
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 06:43:07 AM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 02:53 AM\'] "Anybody make a 'Cranium' pilot yet? How about 'Operation'? 'Perfection'? 'Scrabble'?

[/quote]
 I was always hoping that Stone-Stanley was going to come out with "Parcheesi Til You Drop".

:-p

tvwxman

Pilot Intros
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 07:09:44 AM »
Who's up for a game of "Celebrity Operation" ?

Tonight, watch contestants carefully try to remove Paris Hilton's dignity!

:)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Jimmy Owen

Pilot Intros
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2004, 07:26:53 AM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 02:42 AM\'] When were these taped? I always thought TriBond would make a good game show (if it was done right) and Pictionary was due for a return. Too bad they never made it. It kinda looks like Pictionary used some of the "Friend Or Foe" set (or FoF used the Pictionary set, whichever came first). [/quote]
 The concept behind TriBond was a game show.  It was called "Knockout." Arte Johnson hosted it on NBC back in 1977
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TimK2003

Pilot Intros
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2004, 09:30:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 06:26 AM\']
The concept behind TriBond was a game show.  It was called "Knockout." Arte Johnson hosted it on NBC back in 1977 [/quote]
 I dunno...I kind of liken Tribond more to the Winner's Circle round of Pyramid than of Knockout. Knockout used 4 clues with one being a red herring , so to speak.

jrjgames

Pilot Intros
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2004, 10:08:24 AM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 02:53 AM\'] Anybody make a 'Cranium' pilot yet? How about 'Operation'? 'Perfection'? 'Scrabble'?

Josh [/quote]
These are done in 2002-2003 roughly for GSN...I actually was asked to "retool", I love that term, Pictionary, which I think I did a good job at! :)  I had a deal with this same producer to bring back Trivial Pursuit...but I got the royal you know what up the you know where on that deal! :)

Cranium has been kicked around all over town as I understand, but there is either no interest or there just hasn't been a good format for it.  I was going to take a stab at it, until I played the game and found that there was not ONE original idea in the whole game! :)

And as most of you know GSN did not ONE, but TWO pilots for Scrabble...but this was right on the cusp of the GSN "name change" and I bet they felt that it didn't fit with where they were going as a network...which I still don't know where that is...plus both pilots were not very good...(sorry fellas) :-D

John
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 10:09:35 AM by jrjgames »

Clay Zambo

Pilot Intros
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2004, 11:04:28 AM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 09:08 AM\'] I was going to take a stab at [Cranium], until I played the game and found that there was not ONE original idea in the whole game! :)

John [/quote]
 Wasn't that the idea?  I recall an NPR story about the game's inventors taking their favorite parts of several different games and combining them.
czambo@mac.com

jrjgames

Pilot Intros
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2004, 12:07:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 10:04 AM\'] [quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 09:08 AM\'] I was going to take a stab at [Cranium], until I played the game and found that there was not ONE original idea in the whole game! :)

John [/quote]
Wasn't that the idea?  I recall an NPR story about the game's inventors taking their favorite parts of several different games and combining them. [/quote]
 Yeah I dont know, I just didnt know that.  I heard people talking about this game saying its the most fun even so I decided to check it out.  I knew nothing about it and was let down when I saw it.

John

MikeK

• Martha!
Pilot Intros
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2004, 12:58:00 PM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 03:53 AM\'] "Anybody make a 'Cranium' pilot yet? How about 'Operation'? 'Perfection'? 'Scrabble'? [/quote]
 Operation happens every day in Beverly Hills.  Michael Jackson is the Ken Jennings of that show.

GS Warehouse

Pilot Intros
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2004, 01:18:41 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 07:09 AM\'] Who's up for a game of "Celebrity Operation" ?

Tonight, watch contestants carefully try to remove Paris Hilton's dignity! [/quote]
 How do you remove what doesn't exist?

tvwxman

Pilot Intros
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2004, 03:03:31 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 12:18 PM\'] [quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 07:09 AM\'] Who's up for a game of "Celebrity Operation" ?

Tonight, watch contestants carefully try to remove Paris Hilton's dignity! [/quote]
How do you remove what doesn't exist? [/quote]
 Dunno. Sure keeps the prize budget in line, though.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"