Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Malcolm Jackpot  (Read 3786 times)

TimK2003

The Malcolm Jackpot
« on: July 24, 2004, 06:17:22 AM »
Now that Ken has swept the end of the 2003-04 season and all the episodes he has taped thus far  have been shown, it now looks like Ken can conceivably go for the Jeopardy! Malcom Jackpot, which is half-heartedly sponsored by many of us on the forum.

I don't know exactly what the jackpot is currently up to (I pledged to add $4.38 to the ante -- bringing it up to $7 or $8), but watching Ken the last few weeks, the time he takes to add little things to his FJ! responses, and the chemistry he now has with Alex, he certainly qualifies as someone most likely to follow through on the drawing of Malcolm.

Can we garner up enough support to persuade him to seriously consider the Malcolm Challenge going into his future tapings either by postings and/or jackpot pledges?  Can we persuade Sony to make "Mr. Potato Head" a Final Jeopardy question just to to entice him even more? (Malcolm & Mr. PH  can  look oddly similar on the FJ screen)

Ken, it's not about the money in the Jackpot (especially compared to what you haxe already amassed), but for the glory!  Go for it!  Heck, I'll round up my pledge now to $4.50 *AND* I'll throw in a PBS tote bag (since PBS, pledges and tote bags all go hand in hand).

:-D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 06:20:10 AM by TimK2003 »

Don Howard

The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 10:20:44 AM »
To that amount, I will add $0.38, a penny for each of his victories.

DrBear

The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 04:43:34 PM »
I will also proudly add a penny for each million he's earned so far.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

TonicBH

The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 05:26:12 PM »
Sorry that I seem a bit "out of it", but what exactly is the Malcolm jackpot? (I remember the pilot, I even had it downloaded once)
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 05:38:26 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 02:26 PM\'] Sorry that I seem a bit "out of it", but what exactly is the Malcolm jackpot? (I remember the pilot, I even had it downloaded once) [/quote]
 Chris / Matt / David, can we add this thread to the Archives, so we can direct people to it when they keep asking? I know it's silly, but it's harmless, and newbies _do_ ask. Especially with the current Jeopardy interest.

The Malcolm Jackpot is payable to any Jeopardy contestant who, in lieu of or in addition to their Final Jeopardy response, draws a picture of Malcolm that is recognized and acknowledged on the air as such by Alex.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 06:00:08 PM »
I'll kick in $1.50, plus a dollar's worth of Canadian coins and an autographed photo of myself.

That's GOTTA do it.
@lambertman

Speedy G

The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 10:25:40 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 04:38 PM\'][quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 02:26 PM\'] Sorry that I seem a bit "out of it", but what exactly is the Malcolm jackpot? (I remember the pilot, I even had it downloaded once) [/quote]
Chris / Matt / David, can we add this thread to the Archives, so we can direct people to it when they keep asking? I know it's silly, but it's harmless, and newbies _do_ ask. Especially with the current Jeopardy interest.

The Malcolm Jackpot is payable to any Jeopardy contestant who, in lieu of or in addition to their Final Jeopardy response, draws a picture of Malcolm that is recognized and acknowledged on the air as such by Alex.[/quote]
Running with that, there'd have to be a link to a Malcolm picture too.  Gotta know what you'd have to draw in 30 seconds, after all.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2004, 11:21:09 PM »
The Malcolm Jackpot is payable to any Jeopardy contestant who, in lieu of or in addition to their Final Jeopardy response, draws a picture of Malcolm that is recognized and acknowledged on the air as such by Alex.

I'm kinda curious - was this always part of the deal? I'm fairly certain the jackpot's creator never had this intent, but I'm sure he'll pipe up...shortly. Or so.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2004, 11:34:02 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 08:21 PM\']

I'm kinda curious - was this always part of the deal? I'm fairly certain the jackpot's creator never had this intent, but I'm sure he'll pipe up...shortly. Or so.

-Jason [/quote]
 The original wording was "sufficient to make Alex lose his place", but it's been determined by the Malcolm Jackpot Steering Committee that Alex should identify his little buddy on the air so we have visual proof that he does recognize Malcolm and isn't just put off by a goofy picture.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

melman1

The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2004, 12:35:01 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 24 2004, 02:38 PM\'] Chris / Matt / David, can we add this thread to the Archives, so we can direct people to it when they keep asking? I know it's silly, but it's harmless, and newbies _do_ ask. Especially with the current Jeopardy interest.

The Malcolm Jackpot is payable to any Jeopardy contestant who, in lieu of or in addition to their Final Jeopardy response, draws a picture of Malcolm that is recognized and acknowledged on the air as such by Alex. [/quote]
 And on behalf of the newbies, may I ask "Malcolm who?"  Malcolm Forbes?  Malcolm-in-the-Middle?  Who?
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

JenKennings

The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2004, 01:02:36 AM »
Now that everyone knows that I'll be playing in season 21 shows, I can finally ask: Who can direct me to a picture of Malcolm?  If I can't find one, I'll be drawing Malcolm Jamal-Warner, and I don't know if that would win me the jackpot or not.

Steve McClellan

The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2004, 02:17:50 AM »
In response to the last two questions, get it while you can.

(Warning: 12.1 MB download - sorry, I had no good way of uploading just a pic)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 02:19:46 AM by gameshowsteve »

BrandonFG

The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2004, 02:39:02 AM »
[quote name=\'JenKennings\' date=\'Jul 25 2004, 12:02 AM\'] Now that everyone knows that I'll be playing in season 21 shows, I can finally ask: Who can direct me to a picture of Malcolm?  If I can't find one, I'll be drawing Malcolm Jamal-Warner, and I don't know if that would win me the jackpot or not. [/quote]
 Make it Malcolm X, and I'll kick in $10, being that X=10.

($10.10 if you draw a bubble that says "By any means necessary!") ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

mmb5

The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2004, 10:03:46 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 25 2004, 01:39 AM\'] Make it Malcolm X, and I'll kick in $10, being that X=10.

($10.10 if you draw a bubble that says "By any means necessary!") ;-) [/quote]
 There is an urban legend in the quiz bowl world that a player once didn't receive credit for an answer of Malcolm X because the moderator said "The answer is Malcolm the 10th."

It, of course, reaches urban legend status because nobody can recall when it happened nor an actual witness had been found.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Don Howard

The Malcolm Jackpot
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2004, 12:02:42 PM »
[quote name=\'JenKennings\' date=\'Jul 25 2004, 12:02 AM\'] Now that everyone knows that I'll be playing in season 21 shows, I can finally ask: Who can direct me to a picture of Malcolm?  If I can't find one, I'll be drawing Malcolm Jamal-Warner, and I don't know if that would win me the jackpot or not. [/quote]
 Draw it under your name on your podium when you get to the stage and I'll double the dollars in the jackpot. And you won't have to wait 120 days to collect on it. I'll hand you the check at Game Show Woodstock.