Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Top 10 Game Show Moments of the Last 4 Years  (Read 4349 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Top 10 Game Show Moments of the Last 4 Years
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2004, 11:38:42 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 08:06 PM\'] If this year counts too, after tonight, you ALL know what I'm nominating!  I hate to be a gloater, but....SHE'S BACK, BAY-BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!  COMEBACK OF THE YEAR!  H2'S LOSS = CELEB. BLACKJACK'S GAIN!!!!!!!!!   WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Now let me go so I can go break out the champagne and get the party started ;-) [/quote]
 If you are seriously suggesting that Caroline Rhea doing a cable blackjack show is one of the TOP 10 moments in the last five years, you need to go outside more. A LOT more.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

adamjk

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2004, 11:59:55 PM »
Here's a few no one here has mentioned:
Bob Barker turns 80 and CBS celebrates with primetime and daytime special shows honoring the acheivement

Bob Barker goes into the TV and Radio Hall of Fame, and has a bust scuplted in his honor, and CBS does a special primetime show honoring the acheivement

Price is Right airs show # 6000, and on the show the biggest daytime win to date takes place

Family Feud goes back to its roots with a new host in Richard Karn, reinstates returning champions , and a year after Karn starts hosting brings back the 300 points to win rule, as well as the old steal rule

Wheel of Fortune airs it's 4000th show from Radio City Music Hall

Jeopardy airs their 4000th show as well, and also has their big Million Dollar Masters tournament

What the Blank piloted is taped, and is being touted as a great revival(has yet to be seen)

PAX begins to air two new shows, Balderdash(has yet to air), and On the Cover

clemon79

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2004, 12:25:43 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 08:59 PM\'] What the Blank piloted is taped, and is being touted as a great revival(has yet to be seen)

PAX begins to air two new shows, Balderdash(has yet to air), and On the Cover [/quote]
 If it hasn't happened yet, it's little wonder nobody's mentioned it.

*sigh* killfiles. please. I beg you.

adamjk

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2004, 12:30:12 AM »
What the Blank has happened, we just have not seen it.  And so what if it hasn't been seen yet, it still is noteworthy that is about to be seen.

clemon79

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2004, 01:41:05 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 09:30 PM\'] And so what if it hasn't been seen yet, it still is noteworthy that is about to be seen. [/quote]
 This is, quite possibly, the dumbest thing you have ever posted. And that's pretty rarefied air.

BrandonFG

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2004, 02:05:28 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 10:59 PM\'] Here's a few no one here has mentioned:
Bob Barker turns 80 and CBS celebrates with primetime and daytime special shows honoring the acheivement

Bob Barker goes into the TV and Radio Hall of Fame, and has a bust scuplted in his honor, and CBS does a special primetime show honoring the acheivement

Price is Right airs show # 6000, and on the show the biggest daytime win to date takes place

Family Feud goes back to its roots with a new host in Richard Karn, reinstates returning champions , and a year after Karn starts hosting brings back the 300 points to win rule, as well as the old steal rule

Jeopardy airs their 4000th show as well, and also has their big Million Dollar Masters tournament

What the Blank piloted is taped, and is being touted as a great revival(has yet to be seen)

PAX begins to air two new shows, Balderdash(has yet to air), and On the Cover [/quote]
 After 1 and 2, I'd say none of those are notable.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

dzinkin

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2004, 02:12:29 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 27 2004, 12:30 AM\'] What the Blank has happened, we just have not seen it.  And so what if it hasn't been seen yet, it still is noteworthy that is about to be seen. [/quote]
It's about to be seen?  By actual television viewers?

On what channel?  On what date?  At what time?  Please cite your source.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 02:16:58 AM by dzinkin »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2004, 03:02:16 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 27 2004, 01:05 AM\'] After 1 and 2, I'd say none of those are notable. [/quote]
 He forgot to mention "Let's Bowl" was cancelled.

(Probably headed to a booth or room of some sort for that one)
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Ian Wallis

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2004, 08:46:13 AM »
Another thing that I think is noteworthy of including on any top 10 list:  those two weeks in January 2000 when we had at least one game in prime time every night!  Between "WWTBAM", "Twenty-One", "Greed" and "Winning Lines", each night we could tune into a major network and see a game show.  Too bad it didn't last longer...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

dzinkin

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2004, 08:55:36 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jul 27 2004, 03:02 AM\'] He forgot to mention "Let's Bowl" was cancelled.

(Probably headed to a booth or room of some sort for that one) [/quote]
 No, you're being sent to the Bill Cullen Bowling Alley. :-)

Don Howard

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2004, 10:31:22 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 11:30 PM\'] What the Blank has happened, we just have not seen it.  And so what if it hasn't been seen yet, it still is noteworthy that is about to be seen. [/quote]
Well then, I'd like to add the discovery of all episodes of Spin-Off to your hallowed rankings. GSN will never show them, but they were found!!!
In September, we'll add to this list the inclusion of 1.5 million colors of light to the set of Wheel Of Fortune.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 10:33:26 AM by Don Howard »

adamjk

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2004, 10:54:48 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 27 2004, 01:05 AM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 10:59 PM\'] Here's a few no one here has mentioned:

After 1 and 2, I'd say none of those are notable. [/quote]
 The last two items not withstanding, why do you think that everything after items 1 and 2, are not noteworthy?

Lemonjello

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2004, 04:41:56 PM »
I think the discovery of the Newlywed Game clip (you know the one) should be on the list.

BrandonFG

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2004, 05:37:49 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 27 2004, 09:54 AM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 27 2004, 01:05 AM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 10:59 PM\'] Here's a few no one here has mentioned:

After 1 and 2, I'd say none of those are notable. [/quote]
The last two items not withstanding, why do you think that everything after items 1 and 2, are not noteworthy? [/quote]
 This is all just my opinion, but I just don't think the 4,000th episodes for Wheel and J! are that noteworthy for the poll. Sure, it's nice events, but nothing that changed the course of game shows forever. Same for PAX's new shows; if they were network daytime shows, then yes, I'd say it's pretty big, since it would be opening up the daytime schedule again, but it's not like this is PAX's first show.

Someone else addressed What The Blank, and I also don't see the big change on Feud being too big of a deal, esp. since the 300 point rule was something they should've been doing since 9/20/99. Again, this is all IMO.

If it hasn't been brought up though, I will mention the $100,000 bonus round on Wheel being a big deal, esp. w/the number of winners.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

adamjk

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2004, 05:41:33 PM »
What about Price's 6000th show, and the subsequent occurance on that show? Those are pretty noteworthy events don't you think?